Hello!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Lukeinaz

Hello!

Post by Lukeinaz »

So thankful to find such a vast amount of Buddhist information! Are there any prerequisites for taking refuge? I ask because I have been practicing for three years by myself and feel as though I am ready to pour my heart into it. Thanks!
LastLegend

Re: Hello!

Post by LastLegend »

Lukeinaz wrote:So thankful to find such a vast amount of Buddhist information! Are there any prerequisites for taking refuge? I ask because I have been practicing for three years by myself and feel as though I am ready to pour my heart into it. Thanks!
Yes, the desire to take refuge is the prerequisite.
It’s eye blinking.
Zhen Li

Post by Zhen Li »

A good idea might be to find a Buddhist teacher at a temple who you have great confidence in, and to ask them if they offer refuge ceremonies. You can take refuge by yourself, but it's a good idea to have a guru to help guide you.
:anjali:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
Lukeinaz

Post by Lukeinaz »

Zhen Li wrote:A good idea might be to find a Buddhist teacher at a temple who you have great confidence in, and to ask them if they offer refuge ceremonies. You can take refuge by yourself, but it's a good idea to have a guru to help guide you.
:anjali:
Thank you, I am looking forward to one day finding a guide. I know I can only go so far myself and feel as though I am ready to take the next step. There is a center one hour from where I live and I could sneak up there once or twice a month. Nice to meet everyone!

Return to “Introductions”