Hello Everyone, In search of Guru...

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
kajibabu

Hello Everyone, In search of Guru...

Post by kajibabu »

Hello Everyone,
I am Babu from Nepal, now in Australia as a student. Born in Hindu family, grown as atheist during my study, now aspiringly involved in Buddha's teaching and wisdom of great masters specifically masters from Tibet and ancient India. The Initiation for me to go into Buddhism is SN Goenka's VIPASSANA meditation. Later more involved in Tibetan Buddhism, specially throught texts by Ven. Matthieu Ricard, and most profoundly by Lama Yeshe through his books "Introduction to Tantra" and "Bliss of Inner Fire". When I am back to Nepal in July-August, I am determined to take refuge on any of teacher of Tibetan Buddhism to receive teaching and practice. Any idea where to approach in Kathmandu or in Nepal? Some are in my mind, Thrangu Rinpoche, Chokney Nyima Rinpoche and some others. I am specially focussing on vajrayana tradition.

Thank you..
Babu, from Nepal
philji

Re: Hello Everyone, In search of Guru...

Post by philji »

I rejoice in your journey. You have already mentioned a couple of fine teachers. My suggestion would be to visit these and take teachings from them and work with these...at a later point you can decide as to whom you can take as Guru, actually they can all be a teacher or guru for you to help you along the way .in November at Chokyi Nyima's monastery there is usually a Fall seminar aimed at western or English speaking students. It is of excellent quality. There are of course other teachers that you may come across who will be helpful.
kajibabu

Post by kajibabu »

philji wrote:I rejoice in your journey. You have already mentioned a couple of fine teachers. My suggestion would be to visit these and take teachings from them and work with these...at a later point you can decide as to whom you can take as Guru, actually they can all be a teacher or guru for you to help you along the way .in November at Chokyi Nyima's monastery there is usually a Fall seminar aimed at western or English speaking students. It is of excellent quality. There are of course other teachers that you may come across who will be helpful.

Dear Philji,
thanks a lot for your kind words and suggestion. yes, I have explore more as my intention is to fully engage, also I have kept in mind to find the teacher who is residential. It would be good if you are from Nepal and guide me well to seek and approach potential teacher. ..

Kind regards
Babu
Babu, from Nepal
philji

Post by philji »

I am not living in Nepal but will be there in a couple of weeks time and will stay for 3 weeks.
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Babu, there are so many great Buddhist teachers in Nepal!

Chokyi Nyima or Thrangu Rinpoche are very good. There are other well known Lamas there, and also a number of ones that are well known there in Nepal, but not in the Western world because they have not published books, or at least books with English translations, and don't go on world tours. And then there are many Lamas who are a bit more intentionally low-key, but still they are great yogis who are accessible but not interested in big followings.

I am happy to provide you with some various options if you like. It really will depend on your own karmic connection to lineage and Guru. SO it may be good to meet a few different ones, attend different teachings. . until you feel a real pull towards one.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
kajibabu

Post by kajibabu »

Adamantine wrote:Babu, there are so many great Buddhist teachers in Nepal!

Chokyi Nyima or Thrangu Rinpoche are very good. There are other well known Lamas there, and also a number of ones that are well known there in Nepal, but not in the Western world because they have not published books, or at least books with English translations, and don't go on world tours. And then there are many Lamas who are a bit more intentionally low-key, but still they are great yogis who are accessible but not interested in big followings.

I am happy to provide you with some various options if you like. It really will depend on your own karmic connection to lineage and Guru. SO it may be good to meet a few different ones, attend different teachings. . until you feel a real pull towards one.
Dear Adamantine,

Yes, now I can also feel about Karmic connection to lineage and Guru. Let me see how it goes with my endeavour. I will be very happy to get your help in this mission. The best thing I resonated with your words is "intentionally low, but are great yogis, accessible." That is one of my best quest (which is very difficult to know as they are the treasures kept somewhere hidden) beside my karmic connection with other great ones.
Babu, from Nepal
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
kajibabu

Post by kajibabu »

kajibabu wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Dear Adamantine,

Yes, now I can also feel about Karmic connection to lineage and Guru. Let me see how it goes with my endeavour. I will be very happy to get your help in this mission. The best thing I resonated with your words is "intentionally low, but are great yogis, accessible." That is one of my best quest (which is very difficult to know as they are the treasures kept somewhere hidden) beside my karmic connection with other great ones.
Dear Adamantine,

I would like to share with you that I have met my Guru and he is VV Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche. I am practicing under his guidance since April 2014.
Babu, from Nepal
philji

Post by philji »

I rejoice in your merit.
quote=kajibabu post_id=493666 time=1558517884 user_id=5366]
kajibabu wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:43 pm

Dear Adamantine,

Dear Adamantine,

I would like to share with you that I have met my Guru and he is VV Khenchen Thrangu Rinpoche. I am practicing under his guidance since April 2014.
[/quote]

Return to “Introductions”