Greetings

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Roneen

Greetings

Post by Roneen »

Hello,

I have been a long time lurker on this site and am very glad for the diversity and breadth of knowledge and conversation which occurs here. Thank You

I have a question to ask which has to do with Satori/Kensho. I recall reading somewhere that simply because one has an satori or kensho experience that this is not an indication of nirvana or having arrived at buddha-mind with any degree of permanence. As I understand it, there is still great danger in the satori/kensho experience because it can mistaken buy the ego mind as something definitive or absolute and thereby more firmly ingrain delusion. IOW, the satori/kensho experience can be misleading and cause people to develop an erroneosu perception of reality, possibly, on the order of a David Koresh or Charlie Manson. :crazy:

I was wondering if anyone could list some Buddhist writing (or any) that may speak more on how the kensho/satori experience can be dangerous or misleading? The only teaching I can remember regarding it is something Hakuin may ave mentioned about how he awoke and then became enraged or his ego was activated or something like that?! I could be wrong about the source.

Thank You for any help,

Sincerely Roneen.
plwk

Re: Greetings

Post by plwk »

:hi: Roneen

As this is the Introductions section, you may want to take your query to the Zen sub forum where it may be dealt with in its proper sphere. All the best!
Roneen

Post by Roneen »

plwk wrote::hi: Roneen

As this is the Introductions section, you may want to take your query to the Zen sub forum where it may be dealt with in its proper sphere. All the best!

Would I just make the post anywhere? In the Zen forum?

ETA: OK done. Thank you
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:
Roneen

Post by Roneen »

David N. Snyder wrote:Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:

Thank you for the welcome. :smile:

Return to “Introductions”