Hello Everyone :)

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Arpeggi

Hello Everyone :)

Post by Arpeggi »

I found this forum through a yahoo answers question to he honest :P . It must have been a great match because I like this forum and can't wait to look into all the information and advice on here.

I live in Colorado, I am sixteen years old and I'm entrigued by Buddhism as a school of thought. I can't connect to other philsophies or religions, even if I try. But for some reason I am absolutely drawn to Buddhism and feel it is right for me.

For a sixteen year old my life has been chaotic and unstable in the past, being poor to being homeless, not eating for days, just outright breaking down in anger and hate. Things are better but I guess not great to todays society standards. However, I still don't feel at peace, I feel depressed, angry and just dissconnected from life in general. I already went through the disgusting angry teen phase in my preteen years, I just have this deeping depression that pulls me down and discourages me about life in general. I even thought about ending it before, maybe a bit too far? So I discovered Buddhism, and I'm hungry for so much information, I want to accept Buddhism, I want it, and I know it.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Hello Everyone :)

Post by Ayu »

Warm welcome to you, Arpeggy.
My son is 16 also... :smile:
Try to learn meditation. Good to start with mindfulness of breathing. For example: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anapanasati" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Have a good time - and much happiness and success in your life. :namaste:
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Hi Arpeggi, :smile:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:reading:
Punya

Post by Punya »

Hello and welcome Arpeggi. :hi:

I wish you well with your exploration of buddhism. I also hope the discussions on this forum about depression will help you.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
LastLegend

Post by LastLegend »

Arpeggi wrote:I found this forum through a yahoo answers question to he honest :P . It must have been a great match because I like this forum and can't wait to look into all the information and advice on here.

I live in Colorado, I am sixteen years old and I'm entrigued by Buddhism as a school of thought. I can't connect to other philsophies or religions, even if I try. But for some reason I am absolutely drawn to Buddhism and feel it is right for me.

For a sixteen year old my life has been chaotic and unstable in the past, being poor to being homeless, not eating for days, just outright breaking down in anger and hate. Things are better but I guess not great to todays society standards. However, I still don't feel at peace, I feel depressed, angry and just dissconnected from life in general. I already went through the disgusting angry teen phase in my preteen years, I just have this deeping depression that pulls me down and discourages me about life in general. I even thought about ending it before, maybe a bit too far? So I discovered Buddhism, and I'm hungry for so much information, I want to accept Buddhism, I want it, and I know it.
It's alright. We all have issues. Just how to cope with them is the key.
It’s eye blinking.
Kaccāni

Post by Kaccāni »

Welcome :)
Shush! I'm doing nose-picking practice!
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Hi, Welcome to DharmaWheel!

Return to “Introductions”