Never did one of these

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Arjan Dirkse

Never did one of these

Post by Arjan Dirkse »

I've been around for a while, but never did an introduction thread...

I am a Dutchman, 39 years old, and I started getting interested in Buddhism a few years ago. I have not really taken the step of calling myself "Buddhist", but there's a lot in it that appeals to me, especially Zen and Pure Land. Although I am very much agnostic on the karma and rebirth issues.

Lately I find myself floating towards a kind of Buddhist pantheism, seeing Amida Buddha as a loving, saving presence in everything, never really apart from us. Maybe that's not even Buddhism though! :shrug: But hey, I like it.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Never did one of these

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:popcorn:
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

Lately I find myself floating towards a kind of Buddhist pantheism, seeing Amida Buddha as a loving, saving presence in everything, never really apart from us. Maybe that's not even Buddhism though! :shrug: But hey, I like it.
Sounds like you have a Pure Land disposition. Hey, go with it!
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
Luke

Post by Luke »

Welcome, Arjan! :hi:

Chinese Buddhism is famous for mixing Chan (Zen) and Pure Land. You might like that.

Also, if you have an interest in Vajrayana, you could get an Amitabha empowerment and then practice an Amitabha sadhana.

Any practice involving Amitabha is a very positive thing. Good luck figuring out your spiritual path. :buddha1:

Return to “Introductions”