Hello from the Midwest

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
RedFox

Hello from the Midwest

Post by RedFox »

Hi all!

My name is Kyle and I am 25 years old. I live 50 miles north of Kansas City on the Missouri side. I have been studying Buddhism since my Sophomore year of High School, but just recently have been applying the teachings of Morality and Meditation into my daily life. Since I decided to actually start applying the practices my life has taken a major turn. For two years I've just wanted to not wake up in the morning. The past couple of weeks some awesome changes have taken place. I know I must help myself before I can help others. That however doesn't stop me from being compassionate to others and helping out in small ways until I have the wisdom to help them in bigger ways.

I'm here to read through posts and reply whenever I have something to add that might be helpful. Online forums have helped me in the past with other issues. I'm excited to start reading through the forum and meeting new people that have one common goal. Since I live 50 miles away from the nearest Buddhist center and don't have transportation at the moment I am here. I look forward to meeting all of you and adding a heart that is at peace today to this forum. Thank you all for being here and may peace be with everyone! :buddha1:
DGA
Former staff member

Re: Hello from the Midwest

Post by DGA »

Hi Kyle,

Welcome to DharmaWheel! I hope you find what you need here.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:
Urgyen Nima

Post by Urgyen Nima »

Welcome to the Heartland and our blossoming Buddhist communities! I am new to Dharma Wheel, but have been the director of the Temple Buddhist Center in Kansas City for six years. We have a diverse group of traditions practicing here and will have the Buddhist Relics tour here Sept 5-7. All the information can be found on our website, http://www.templebuddhistcenter.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;, in case it is of any interest. All the best to you on your spiritual path!

Return to “Introductions”