Hello from Connecticut

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
MikeRusso

Hello from Connecticut

Post by MikeRusso »

Just wanted to give a welcoming and tell everyone here a little about myself before I start contributing to the forum.

My name is Mike, 22 years old, and recently I've been trying to explore different religions. For the past couple years I've been going back and forth, Buddhism always being in the background....always the religion I keep going back to. Now believe what you will about astral travel and such, but I was into the occult on a very deep level until last month, and I did a travel to find out my past life, and I was a Tibetan Buddhist. Now surprisingly, that is the branch of Buddhism I connect with the most, and I feel that if I was a Buddhist in my past life, that I must have messed up somewhere to have been reincarnated as a human being having not reached Nirvana. Either way though, I will start going to any and every Buddhist temple that I can here in Connecticut, sadly I overslept today and the Buddhist meditation practice started at 10am, when I happened to wake up. Mainly the reason I joined this sight is to seek answers to questions regarding my views in Buddhism and for a helping/guiding hand when I come at a crossroads in my mind about what I possibly should/shouldn't do

Anyway that's a little about myself, looking forward to contribute to the forum and meeting new and like minded people :)
DGA
Former staff member

Re: Hello from Connecticut

Post by DGA »

Hi Mike,

Welcome to DharmaWheel. It's great you're eager to learn and get going. Before you hit every temple in Connecticut, though, it might save you some fuel to ask the board about different temples you might want to visit before visiting. There are some real gems out there, and a few that aren't recommended. And there are often some things that are good to know before you go, i.e., when's a good time for a first-timer to come and visit.

I wish you all the best in your path.
DNS
Site Admin

Re: Hello from Connecticut

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:

Return to “Introductions”