Hi all! Tashi delek! Namaste! New guy here from Hong Kong

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
taidangau

Hi all! Tashi delek! Namaste! New guy here from Hong Kong

Post by taidangau »

Hi everyone, new here. I found this site with an original intention to look for a Buddhist chat room, intending to seek for some advice about Buddhism, and may be life.
I am a Chinese from Hong Kong. I took refuge last year in March as a tantric Buddhist, though under a special circumstance. In the beginning, I experienced an up in my life, but some months later, something happened which is difficult to explain and describe here, I began to experience a downturn, in all senses, but, still I think I will still go on my learning and practice of Dharma, this I am quite sure! The only thing that I am eagerly hoping and looking for, is to join a sangha so that I can depend on it to reinforce my learning and practice, though I know it really depends on my fate!
Anyway, just hope all sentient beings have the bliss to hear, learn and practise dharma. Tashi delek.
plwk

Re: Hi all! Tashi delek! Namaste! New guy here from Hong Kon

Post by plwk »

歡迎 to Dharma Wheel! :tongue:

Just curious, which tantric lineage did you take refuge in?
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:yinyang:
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Hi taidangau,

Welcome to DharmaWheel. I hope you find what you seek, and may your Dharma practice flourish.
taidangau

Post by taidangau »

plwk wrote:歡迎 to Dharma Wheel! :tongue:

Just curious, which tantric lineage did you take refuge in?
Hi plwk, tashi delek!
My lineage is Palyul lineage of Nyingmapa, and my Guru is His Holiness Penor Rinpoche, though I actually took refuge under his student, Tsulku Karma Sampo.
What about you?
plwk

Post by plwk »

Hello taidangau.
My 三皈五戒 parampara & acarya is from 临济禪宗 under 佛光山星雲大師 and main practice is 净土宗 with a side interest in 真言宗.
I understand that recently they enthroned the late HH Penor Rinpoche's Yangsi? I found some videos on that and posted here
taidangau

Post by taidangau »

plwk wrote:Hello taidangau.
My 三皈五戒 parampara & acarya is from 临济禪宗 under 佛光山星雲大師 and main practice is 净土宗 with a side interest in 真言宗.
I understand that recently they enthroned the late HH Penor Rinpoche's Yangsi? I found some videos on that and posted here
hi plwk, oic, good for you! Yes, I heard about that, and even earlier this year, my apparent teacher whose name is Lopon Sonam, he showed me pics of the found child, though I did not follow up closely the whole thing.

By the way, are you a Chinese? Just curious where you are residing? If by chance, HK? But I guess you may be from Taiwan? ;=)
plwk

Post by plwk »

I like Hong Kong but am neither from there nor Taiwan
From that country that's above Singapore, below Thailand & Indonesia on left and below with Brunei on the right side...
Figured out already? :tongue:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

plwk wrote:I like Hong Kong but am neither from there nor Taiwan
From that country that's above Singapore, below Thailand & Indonesia on left and below with Brunei on the right side...
You could have just said that you are from Malaysia and saved us all the effort. :tongue:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
taidangau

Post by taidangau »

plwk wrote:I like Hong Kong but am neither from there nor Taiwan
Sherab Dorjie, thug je che for answering for me, coz I may not answer plwk without you, as now I am still in a kinda downturn state, and can't think too complicated things, seriously!

And, plwk, now I realise you are from Malaysia, good to know a Malaysian friend!

Return to “Introductions”