finding flowering friends in Plymouth Devon

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
sonam wangdu

finding flowering friends in Plymouth Devon

Post by sonam wangdu »

Namaste to all Iam looking for conversations and meetings in the Plymouth area, as there appears to be no tibetan tradition groups perhaps we could start one...
DNS
Site Admin

Re: finding flowering friends in Plymouth Devon

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:namaste:
sonam wangdu

Post by sonam wangdu »

Thank you David, it's good to know that I can hopefully contact like minded people in my area.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Here are a couple of lists of groups in Devon:

http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?tit ... gory:Devon" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.buddhanet.info/wbd/province. ... ince_id=95" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
sonam wangdu

Post by sonam wangdu »

Many thanks, unfortunately I have tried both those avenues, I shall continue reaching out, have even given some thought to starting a group myself.
Seishin
Former staff member

Post by Seishin »

Hello Sonam :hi:

In my area there are a large number of small groups "off the grid" so to speak, and this may be true of your area also. Try asking at the local groups whether they know of any others. If not, do not be afraid to travel. Although weekly meetings might be too far, regular retreats at a reputable Dharma centre can be extremely beneficial. I know many people who do this and then, after some time, begin small groups in their own area affiliated with said Dharma centre. It's a great way for the Dharma to expand. :smile:

I hope you find what you are looking for.
In gassho,
Seishin.
sonam wangdu

Post by sonam wangdu »

Thank you seishin, I have tried that route but with no luck. I am in talks with my lama and may request he visits and give talksat a venue I have been looking at. I am confident that things will be ok, the Buddha appears where he is most needed, and Plymouth needs the dharma.

Return to “Introductions”