Hello all

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Hickory Mountain

Hello all

Post by Hickory Mountain »

Hi,

My name is Ryan, and I'm currently living in the middle of nowhere in Northwest Arkansas. I used to be fairly active on E-Sangha (though I couldn't remember my username for the life of me), but slowly grew more and more distanced from the Dharma as I finished college, eventually leaving it altogether. Lately though, I've had this funny feeling, finding myself drawn into zen practice almost like a gravitational force-so here I am.

Have a great day!
Namo Amitabha
DGA
Former staff member

Re: Hello all

Post by DGA »

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to DharmaWheel. I hope you find what you seek. I just looked up your town and... yeah, you're pretty isolated alright. Enjoy the board!
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:cheers:
DharmaWater

Post by DharmaWater »

Hickory Mountain wrote:Hi,

My name is Ryan, and I'm currently living in the middle of nowhere in Northwest Arkansas. I used to be fairly active on E-Sangha (though I couldn't remember my username for the life of me), but slowly grew more and more distanced from the Dharma as I finished college, eventually leaving it altogether. Lately though, I've had this funny feeling, finding myself drawn into zen practice almost like a gravitational force-so here I am.

Have a great day!
Hi Hickory! Not too far from ya in Fay-town.
Schrödinger’s Yidam

Post by Schrödinger’s Yidam »

If you're interested there's a Nyingma retreat center in NW Arkansas. Your proximity is either a weird coincidence or you might just have some karmic connection. It's not as if Arkansas is known for having lots of buddhist centers.

https://katogcholing.com/retreat-center

I haven't been there, but a buddy of mine loved it.
1.The problem isn’t ‘ignorance’. The problem is the mind you have right now. (H.H. Karmapa XVII @NYC 2/4/18)
2. I support Mingyur R and HHDL in their positions against lama abuse.
3. Student: Lama, I thought I might die but then I realized that the 3 Jewels would protect me.
Lama: Even If you had died the 3 Jewels would still have protected you. (DW post by Fortyeightvows)
DharmaWater

Post by DharmaWater »

smcj wrote:If you're interested there's a Nyingma retreat center in NW Arkansas. Your proximity is either a weird coincidence or you might just have some karmic connection. It's not as if Arkansas is known for having lots of buddhist centers.

https://katogcholing.com/retreat-center

I haven't been there, but a buddy of mine loved it.
Thank you so much! I have been looking for any center but no luck so far. Excellent - checking it out. -dw
Jim1

Post by Jim1 »

Hi Ryan, I can definitely relate to the feeling of being drawn to Buddhist dharma and meditation. And wow, 51 posts already.. right on. Welcome!

With metta,
Jim
"He who walks in the eightfold noble path with unswerving determination is sure to reach Nirvana." Buddha

Return to “Introductions”