Hello From Tasmania Australia

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
RonPrice

Hello From Tasmania Australia

Post by RonPrice »

EMPLOYMENT-SOCIAL-ROLE POSITIONS: 1943-2015

2010-2015-Retired and on a pension in George Town, Tasmania
1999-2009-Writer & Author, Poet & Publisher, Editor & Researcher. Retired Teacher & Lecturer, Tutor & Adult Educator, Taxi-Driver & Ice-Cream Salesman, George Town Tasmania Australia
2002-2005-Program Presenter City Park Radio Launceston
1999-2004-Tutor &/or President George Town School for Seniors Inc
---ABOVE THIS LINE ARE MY YEARS IN RETIREMENT---------
1988-1999 -Lecturer in General Studies & Human Services West Australian Department of Training
1986-1987 -Acting Lecturer in Management Studies & Co-ordinator of Further Education Unit at Hedland College in South Hedland WA
1982-1985 -Adult Educator Open College of Tafe Katherine NT
1981 -Maintenance Scheduler Renison Bell Zeehan Tasmania
1980-Unemployed due to illness and recovery
1979-Editor External Studies Unit Tasmanian CAE; Youth Worker Resource Centre Association; Lecturer in Organizational Behaviour Tasmanian CAE; Radio Journalist ABC---all in Launceston Tasmania
1976-1978 -Lecturer in Social Sciences & Humanities Ballarat CAE Ballarat, Victoria
1975 - Lecturer in Behavioural Studies Whitehorse Technical College, Box Hill Victoria
1974 -Senior Tutor in Education Studies Tasmanian CAE Launceston, Tasmania
1972-1973 -High School Teacher South Australian Education Dept.
1971-Primary School Teacher Whyalla South Australia
----ABOVE THIS LINE ARE MY YEARS IN AUSTRALIA---- CANADA----BELOW----
1969-1971 Primary School Teacher Prince Edward County Board of Education Picton Ontario Canada
1969-Systems Analyst Bad Boy Co Ltd Toronto Ontario
1967-68 -Community Teacher Department of Indian Affairs & Northern Development Frobisher Bay NWT Canada
1959-67 -Summer jobs-1 to 4 months each- from grade 10 to end of university
1949-1967 - Attended 2 primary schools, 2 high schools and 2 universities in Canada: McMaster Uni-1963-1966, Windsor Teachers’ College-1966/7
1944-1963 -Childhood(1944-57) and adolescence(1957-63) in and around Hamilton Ontario
1943 to 1944-Conception in October 1943 to birth in July 1944 in Hamilton Ontario

2. SOME SOCIO-BIO-DATA TO 2014

B.A., B. Ed., and M.A.(Qual); partly completed: 4 Graduate Diplomas, 1 Advanced Diploma, and 1 Diploma, and 1 completed Certificate. I have been married twice for a total of 47 years. My second wife is a Tasmanian, aged 67. We’ve had one child: age 37. I have two step-children: ages: 48 and 43, three step-grandchildren, ages 19, 18 and 3, as well as one grandchild age 2. All of the above applies in January 2014. I am 69, am a Canadian who moved to Australia in 1971 and have written several books--all available on the internet.

I retired from full-time teaching in 1999, part-time teaching in 2003 and volunteer teaching/work in 2005 after 32 years in classrooms as a teacher and another 18 as a student. In addition, I have been a member of the Baha’i Faith for 53 years. Bio-data: 6ft, 235 lbs, eyes-brown/hair-grey, Caucasian.

My website is found at: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/ You can also go to any search engine and type: Ron Price followed by any one of a number of words in addition to: poetry, forums, religion, literature, history, bipolar disorder, psychology, sociology, philosophy, inter alia, to access my writing________________________
married for 48 years, a teacher for 32, a student for 18, a writer & editor for 16, and a Baha'i for 56(in 2015)
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Re: Hello From Tasmania Australia

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Welcome, Ron :hi:
You've given us a very full intro in most ways but less so in one that will probably matter most on the forum - your interest in Buddhism. Are you exploring? Committed? Interested in one tradition more than others? Not sure?
Not that it matters, I guess, because we will find out as you join in discussions, but it may speed things up.

:namaste:
Kim
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

phew, quite an introductory post / C.v. looks like you are applying for a job rather than introducing yourself.

:popcorn:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Looks like he's here to advertise himself and his website!

Time will tell.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
RonPrice

Post by RonPrice »

Most people ere on the side of telling people very little with introductions like: "nice to be here" or "how are ya..all". I ere on the side of too much information. to each their own in cyberspace and real space.-Ron Price, Australia
married for 48 years, a teacher for 32, a student for 18, a writer & editor for 16, and a Baha'i for 56(in 2015)
Zen Mantra

Post by Zen Mantra »

Welcome to the site. I have been here a while but fairly inactive; its good to be back.
That's quite a CV you've got. :reading:
RonPrice

Post by RonPrice »

Thanks, David. When I post that somewhat long introduction it usually solicits both encomium and opprobrium from readers. In cyberspace, as in real space, you can't keep everyone happy all of the time. I have a website with over 100 sub-sections. One such sub-section is devoted to Buddhism. It begins as follows:

Buddhism is a religion and philosophy encompassing a variety of traditions, beliefs and practices, largely based on teachings attributed to Siddhartha Gautama, commonly known as the Buddha: "the awakened one". The Buddha lived and taught in the northeastern Indian subcontinent some time between the 6th and 4th centuries BCE. He is recognized by Buddhists as an awakened or enlightened teacher who shared his insights to help sentient beings end suffering (or dukkha), achieve nirvana, and escape what is seen as a cycle of suffering and rebirth. For more go to: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/Buddhism.html
Wayfarer
Former staff member

Post by Wayfarer »

Or, alternatively, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal:Buddhism, where it appears to be have been copied from.....
'Only practice with no gaining idea' ~ Suzuki Roshi
RonPrice

Post by RonPrice »

Thank you, Wayfarer. My website is a compendium of sources and resources on over 100 disciplines and fields of learning. I often utilize the services of Wikipedia as I have done in introducing Buddhism. I do the same for all the major religions, all of which can be accessed at my website at: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/RELIGION.html For debates and dialogue on religion at my website go to: http://www.ronpriceepoch.com/Debates.html

Return to “Introductions”