Theravadin wanting to learn more about Mahayana

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Stephen K

Theravadin wanting to learn more about Mahayana

Post by Stephen K »

Hello all,

I am a Theravada Buddhist and I come in peace.

I would like to learn more about other types of Buddhism, as my knowledge of Mahayana, Vajrayana, Zen, etc. is basic. I respect all Buddhist traditions, and as Ajahn Brahm says they are all the same cake but with a different icing!

I may not post a lot (especially for now as I have a lot of other responsibilities!) but I will read threads and try to learn more about all the different schools of Mahayana to get a taste of what this Great tradition feels like, and what the teachings, ceremonies and practices are.

I used to be active on E-Sangha years ago, and some of you may remember me as Stefan. I now use the English variant "Stephen" when communicating with non-Bulgarians. I come from Bulgaria and then moved to Greece where I lived for six years. Now I live in Manchester, UK.

My own goal is Arahantship, but I respect the goal of Bodhisattvahood and Buddhahood.

My teacher is Bhikkhu Bodhi. Ajahn Brahm is my other main inspiration. I hope to learn more about Mahayana teachers. I like the Dalai Lama.

I wish all of you freedom from suffering.

With metta,
Stephen
Saoshun

Re: Theravadin wanting to learn more about Mahayana

Post by Saoshun »

Nice to meet you. I practice and I'm really inspired by these two traditions so help it will enrich you practice.
anjali
Former staff member

Post by anjali »

Hi Stephen. Welcome aboard. Since you live in Manchester, perhaps you might like to check out the Manchester Chan group. If you get a chance to talk with, or hear, Simon Child, I don't think you will be disappointed. His Chan lineage is via Master Sheng-Yen.

Best Wishes!
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Stephen K wrote:...

I am a Theravada Buddhist and I come in peace.
:lol: Wonderful. Welcome at Dharmawheel.
:namaste:
Ayu
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Hi, Stephen,
Welcome to the other Wheel. You will find a few more familiar names amongst the members.

:namaste:
Kim
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:thumbsup:

Return to “Introductions”