Hello all!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Dema

Hello all!

Post by Dema »

Hello my name is Sean. I am new to Buddhism so just learning everything its so much to take in! I have found this mantra on you tube. I am in love with it. I listen to it everyday. have been able to meditate to it for 40 minutes at on stretch. But I need to know what it says can anyone help?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIRJMESl4U8

thank you
Dema
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā-Green Tara
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Mama Ayuḥ Punya Jñānā Puṣtiṃ Kuru Svāhā-White Tara
Om gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi ye soha
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Hello all!

Post by Ayu »

Welcome at Dharmawheel, Sean.

I cannot identify this mantra, because it is very soft & faint, while the other sounds are very loud. :shrug:
Boomerang

Post by Boomerang »

Nice to meet you. I sounds like a Tibetan version of the Prajnaparamita mantra to me.

Om gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi ye soha.
Jim1

Post by Jim1 »

Hey Sean, welcome! :hi:

Hopefully you'll post in other parts of this board as well. Remember to take refuge in the Three Jewels.. the Buddha, the Dharma, and the Sangha.

With Metta,
Jim
"He who walks in the eightfold noble path with unswerving determination is sure to reach Nirvana." Buddha
Dema

Post by Dema »

thank you for the help it IS Om gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi ye soha.
this helps me a lot and gives me more understanding. all I knew is that every time i heard it. it made me happy.
thank you
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Svāhā-Green Tara
Oṃ Tāre Tuttāre Ture Mama Ayuḥ Punya Jñānā Puṣtiṃ Kuru Svāhā-White Tara
Om gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi ye soha
Boomerang

Post by Boomerang »

Here's a little quotation from the Prajnaparamita Sutra in 8000 Lines about the mantra:

Those who are thoroughly devoted to Prajnaparamita will not die suddenly or unexpectedly, neither from poison nor any kind of weapon, nor from fire, water or other natural elements, nor from violence of any kind from any quarter, unless they choose to manifest such suffering as a skillful teaching or as some form of compassionate action.

Adepts and lovers of Prajnaparamita bring to mind and heart the protectress and matrix of all Buddhas and bodhisattvas by repeating her mantra. These seed sounds contain the entirety of Perfect Wisdom: om gate gate paragate parasamgate bodhi swaha—gone, gone, gone beyond, gone beyond even the beyond into full enlightenment, so be it.

If any arrogantly self-appointed powers, human or demonic, try to harm a person who constantly brings to mind and heart this Perfection of Wisdom—whether by reading the holy scripture silently, chanting its text melodiously or repeating it in condensed mantra form—these negative forces will certainly not succeed. Why? Because Prajnaparamita unveils all phenomena, all structures of relativity, as the boundless expanse of openness and luminous transparency.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dhamma Wheel!

:meditate:

Return to “Introductions”