RiverKvothe - New here. Where to begin?

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
RiverKvothe

RiverKvothe - New here. Where to begin?

Post by RiverKvothe »

Hello all,

31 years young, husband, father, former military, former law enforcement, Ishmael loving, peaceful, devoted, calm, river personality, The Egg loving, guy here. I have dabbled, thought about . . hemmed . .hawwed . . . looked around and always been interested in Buddhism but I never took a step until now. There was no dramatic catalyst for this journey. It has come to me slowly. But I think I'm at the right place in my life to begin learning some more about Buddhism and its teachings. So . . question . . .

Where do I start in this forum? Any pointers? I was looking for a page for 'Clueless new people start here" but couldn't find one. I know next to nothing. I'm a blank page on this topic. Won't someone take the hand of this little lost boy and point me in a direction?

Thanks all!
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: RiverKvothe - New here. Where to begin?

Post by Ayu »

Hello River Kvothe,
Welcome to Dharmawheel.

I think, the coincidence is the best teacher often.
The section "Exploring Buddhism" contains countless questions.
Maybe someone could give you advice for the best First Book for a newbie. I found for example this topic:
http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... on#p231917
And if you try out some different keywords in the search-function ("beginner"), maybe you find some interesting threads.

Just relax and look around. I think, you will find what you need by accident. :smile:
:namaste:
RiverKvothe

Post by RiverKvothe »

Thank you! After my initial post I searched some more and found a foothold. I'm currently reading Old Path White Clouds as recommended on this forum. I appreciate your reply.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:reading:
Jim1

Post by Jim1 »

Welcome RiverKvothe!

With metta,
Jim
"He who walks in the eightfold noble path with unswerving determination is sure to reach Nirvana." Buddha

Return to “Introductions”