Greetings from east texas

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
vlyons

Greetings from east texas

Post by vlyons »

I live in a very remote rural area of east Texas. Bible belt country. So as a Vajrayana student, I'm a bit of a fish out of water. I'm a member of Karma Thegsam Choling - Dallas. I have heart connections with both Gelugpa and Kagyu traditions. I've been on the spiritual path for about 45 years under different teachers and traditions. But dharma, especially Tibetan Vajrayana is my natural home. I saw the 16th Karmapa do the black hat ceremony in San Francisco back in the 1980s, altho I didn't really know what I was seeing. Even so, he must have caught me up in his dharma net, because I'm very clear that I experience the beautiful and tranquil face HHK17 as Aksobhya Buddha, calm abiding. May I never ever be separated from the dharma until I realize the ultimate liberation from samsara. Grateful that I found this forum to learn more from the different Buddhist traditions.

May you be free of suffering and the causes and conditions of suffering.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Re: Greetings from east texas

Post by Ayu »

Welcome to Dharmawheel, Vajrabrother. :namaste:
May all your wishes be fulfilled.
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Welcome to DharmaWheel vlyons!

Spent some time in Tyler when I was living in Fort Worth, have friends that used to live in Longview and Marshall. Sounds like you found a good spot in Dallas. Hope you enjoy the forum.

:anjali:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Welcome to DW!

:guns:

Return to “Introductions”