Greetings from your friend Pumo

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Pumo

Greetings from your friend Pumo

Post by Pumo »

Hello everyone! :hi:

Well, I'm a guy that also registered as Pumo on the sister site dhammawheel.com since some time ago, but decided to also participate here.

I'm from Mexico, and I've been very intersted on Buddhism since some years ago.
Recently on this year, I formally became a Buddhist as an Upasaka (lay follower) by taking refuge to the 3 Jewels, but I still have a very long way to go in my practice of Dharma.

I'm mainly interested in Theravada and Tibetan Buddhism, but I embrace all Buddhist teachings and schools in general.
Although I don't strictly follow a particular school nor a specific lineage, I like to study the Pali Canon, so you could say I'm simply a 'Buddhist', with a bit of a Theosophical touch, but not regarding the specific Theosophic movement out there, but on the broader meaning of the word, as I also study other religions from India (Vedic, Shramana, etc) and the Kabbalah on my own to gather more spiritual insight. :reading:

The previous month I took a seminary of Tibetan Buddhism given by Marco Antonio Karam (the founder of the Tibet House here at Mexico), and I also practice meditation with a teacher every now and then at the Tibet House at my city.

So that's my background, I hope we all can get along! :namaste: :group:
'may all beings be happy at heart.' - Karaniya Metta Sutta :buddha1:
chi

Re: Greetings from your friend Pumo

Post by chi »

Welcome to the community Pumo!
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Welcome to Dharmawheel, Pumo. :namaste:
What does that name mean? I'm curious.

Have a good, inspiring time at DW. :smile:
BlissfulHeart

Post by BlissfulHeart »

Ola Pumo!! :D

Well, I'm a total Newbie, but WELCOME! LOL.

That is so neat how you are progressing with Buddhism. Is it very difficult? Do you have people local to share your journey?

Were you born in Mexico or another country?

I'm from the USA (in Alaska now), but do a lot of traveling for fun across the Globe. I haven't been to Mexico.. YET!!

Have a magical day!

-Bliss
Pumo

Post by Pumo »

Thanks everyone for the warm welcoming.

@BlissfulHeart

It's a bit difficult, considering that Buddhist literature and knowledge has a HUGE scope, and it's not that easy to get Buddhist stuff at my place, if it were not for the Tibet House and very, very few Buddhist centers scattered on town.

I have the support from most of my family and friends (except of my dad, as he's Jehovah's Witness), but just very few actual Buddhist fellows to share (perhaps only my meditation teacher? lol).

And yeap, I was born here, at Mexico.
Hope you can get a chance to visit some places of Mexico, specially the archeological ones, they are very beautiful!

And I'm feeling a bit of cold just now by thinking on Alaska, lol :rolleye:

@Ayu

Oh, it is a distortion of Puma (like the animal). It is my nickname since I was a child. My older brother named me like that because he said that when I was a baby, I had small hands in the form of paws, like a Puma, and on spanish finishing with 'o' instead of 'a' is a way to show the word is in masculine genre, rofl :rolling:
'may all beings be happy at heart.' - Karaniya Metta Sutta :buddha1:
BlissfulHeart

Post by BlissfulHeart »

Thanks, Pumo! Yes, I do hope to visit Mexico soon! Some of my American friends talk of moving to Mexico!

I'm glad you have some support... sorry about your Dad's lacking though.

Buenos Dias! :twothumbsup:
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Hola,

Buenos dias, saludos de Las Vegas.

Return to “Introductions”