Howdy!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
vermin06

Howdy!

Post by vermin06 »

Oh, hello. I'm a rookie buddhist (sounds more official that way :P ) living in Oregon, USA. I've started Zazen with a local congregation a few months back, but school as temporarily interrupted that. I try to meditate daily, but y'know...rookie. These last few months have been crazy (I don't mean that in a bad way), and I'm lucky to see the little gems found among the chaos, thanks to Buddhism being a tool for me to sort of shift my perception, for lack of better words.

A little about me, I guess. I'm 28 years old, or so I've been told. I love bugs! Side note: If you find a cool bug and don't know what it is, please send a picture of it to me! I love trying to find out what species it is, and learn something new about them and share what I've learned. What glorious, little critters they are.

Anyway, I'm hoping to make some pals on here (certainly we're friends already, I hope!), and maybe a pen pal or two. I love letter writing <3
anjali
Former staff member

Re: Howdy!

Post by anjali »

vermin06, welcome aboard! We're an eclectic group here on Dharma Wheel with some extremely knowledgeable people here in pretty much any flavor of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism you are attracted to. Look around, see what's already been discussed, and don't be afraid to ask questions or chat about Buddhist topics of interest. One the whole, we're a friendly group; occasionally fiesty. ;) Kind regards.
vermin06

Post by vermin06 »

anjali wrote:vermin06, welcome aboard! We're an eclectic group here on Dharma Wheel with some extremely knowledgeable people here in pretty much any flavor of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism you are attracted to. Look around, see what's already been discussed, and don't be afraid to ask questions or chat about Buddhist topics of interest. One the whole, we're a friendly group; occasionally fiesty. ;) Kind regards.
Eclectic is fun! I've started to poke about and am already impressed at the detail of information I can find in just about any thread!
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
vermin06

Post by vermin06 »

Admin_PC wrote:Welcome to DharmaWheel!
:anjali:
Thank you, kindly. _()_