Hey!! New from the UK!

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
DeepFriedFunk

Hey!! New from the UK!

Post by DeepFriedFunk »

Namaste people!

I have slowly become interested in Buddhism since traveling to Thailand when I was 19. I'm 23 this Saturday. I might as well outline my situation and how I came to start studying the Dharma.

I have always being very caring and empathic. I have a huge capacity for love. I couldn't understand the world at 20, it seemed like an awful place with nothing but suffering. People seemed empty, materialistic and brain washed into an unhealthy way of living, including myself. I was intelligent enough to witness and understand the problems, but not smart enough to know how to help. This led to horrific drug and alcohol problems trying to block out life, trips to hospital left right an center for overdoses and to detox. It was literally torture.

I always had a belief in Karma, I just didnt realize that I had to treat myself with respect to attain good Karma.

A year a go i decided to get clean and I have had slip backs but things are going well. The past three months since practicing and studying daily life is good. I have being practicing the few mantras I know daily and doing my best to be compassionate and mindful of my actions. I have also started attending my local Buddhist centers.

At this point in time I cannot see any reason why I shouldn't dedicate my life to Buddha's teachings - I have grown more emotionally in the past 3 months than I have in the past 5 years.

Anyways, I'm rambling on now... I have a lot to say!! It's been a tough few years. Things are on the up and it's a bit too hard to believe. Everything I read about planting seeds of compassion is beginning to come to fruition.

I'm just really happy there are people like you lot out there - it gives me some hope for humanity.

Thankyou. Peace. Josh.
Mr. G

Re: Hey!! New from the UK!

Post by Mr. G »

Welcome Josh.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Hi Josh, :smile:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Regards,
Seishin
Former staff member

Post by Seishin »