Looking around for answer and a path

Introduce yourself to others at Dharma Wheel.
Angelic Fruitcake

Looking around for answer and a path

Post by Angelic Fruitcake »

Hi all,

I just jetted right into questions here without actually introducing myself. I'm 30 (well on Wednesday), single mother with two small children. I've been reading buddhism for about ten years, off and on. I have a strong analytic mind, but I struggle with emotions and understanding them. Some of this is probably related to my autism (I have Asperger syndrome). Life dealt me a few bad cards and a few good ones. They're a bit different than most people's cards and I'm trying to figure out how to play them. It's a challenge finding your path when you're walking in a different way than most other people.

I'm very grateful for the response I've gotten already and I'm hoping to find more help and guidance here, and to the exten I'm capable, offer my own knowledge and experience. I suppose if you want to know something about autism, I'd be the one to ask! :soapbox:
MrDistracted

Re: Looking around for answer and a path

Post by MrDistracted »

Hi :namaste:
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Hi, welcome aboard...

...and happy birthday!
kirtu
Former staff member

Post by kirtu »

Angelic Fruitcake wrote: I just jetted right into questions here without actually introducing myself. I'm 30 (well on Wednesday), single mother with two small children.
Congatulations and Happy Birthday!

Kirt
“Where do atomic bombs come from?”
Zen Master Seung Sahn said, “That’s simple. Atomic bombs come from the mind that likes this and doesn’t like that.”

"Even if you practice only for an hour a day with faith and inspiration, good qualities will steadily increase. Regular practice makes it easy to transform your mind. From seeing only relative truth, you will eventually reach a profound certainty in the meaning of absolute truth."
Kyabje Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

"Only you can make your mind beautiful."
HH Chetsang Rinpoche
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

Hi Angelic Fruitcake, :smile:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel.

Regards,
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

:hi:

Welcome to Dharma Wheel!

:buddha1:
Angelic Fruitcake

Post by Angelic Fruitcake »

Thank you all! Just being here reading has made me so much more motivated. I have ordered books in topics I feel I know too little about, i.e dzogchen, modern Theravada and more zen. I feel it really is time for me to figure out which school suits me better. After all, it will be much easier to decide where to start looking for a teacher.

Return to “Introductions”