Tibetanmedicine-edu.org 3 year online course

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
justsit

Re: Tibetanmedicine-edu.org 3 year online course

Post by justsit »

The Seeker wrote:Also diabetes can easily be cured through natural means, one being a proper diet and much less processed food. Which is also the cause of obesity and many other physical/mental disorders

To perhaps prevent some confusion - Type 1 diabetes involves an absolute insulin deficiency - the pancreas produces little or no insulin, ever - and cannot be cured by natural means. Type 2 diabetes can usually be controlled by diet and exercise. Also, Type 2 diabetes is most often the result of obesity, not the cause. When a person puts on a large amount of weight, the pancreas cannot produce enough insulin to remove the amount of sugar circulating in the bloodstream. Blood sugar becomes elevated = diabetes, causing numerous problems. This is why weight loss can prevent a Type 2 diabetic from having to inject insulin; with less mass, the amount of insulin is once again sufficient. This is a generalization, of course, there will always be exceptions.

An intriguing aside here...Joan Borysenko reported an interaction with a patient who had multiple personalities - and one of the personalities was diabetic. So maybe... :thinking:
AdmiralJim

Post by AdmiralJim »

Many "mental illnesses" are caused by chemicals introduced through the food/environment. Causing an imbalance in the bodies natural "chemical" makeup. Autism for example, has been proven in many cases caused by vaccinations in children. True some are genetically based. Also in the west pharmaceutical companies hand out drugs to doctors and sometimes the doctors are given kick backs for prescribing these medications. That at times cause problems, both mental and physical. If one looks at statistics, most mental and serious physical illnesses have become ramped in the past 15-20 years. Is this by chance or because of the use of chemicals which are "better" for the body? Also look at how many class action law suits are there against pharmaceutical companies for the next greatest drug to screw you up.
Also diabetes can easily be cured through natural means, one being a proper diet and much less processed food. Which is also the cause of obesity and many other physical/mental disorders. Our society has become more lazy and in too much of a rush so it is much easier to get into the "fast food" rut than to worry about a sit down healthy meal.
In the British health system doctors can't receive kickbacks because the selection of medicine is not based on personal preference but national health policy - this is a problem I think created by the american profit driven system. there is no evidence that their is a link between vaccinations and autism - I know the research you are talking about but Dr Wakefield's research has been discredited. yes i agree with you in terms of poor diet causing more health problems, but our ageing populations are largely responsible for our increasing population morbidity rates.
I don't know where we are going but it will be nice when we get there
Dave The Seeker

Post by Dave The Seeker »

Thank you Jim, I learned something and also thank you justsit for the clarification.
Yes I can only speak of what I know happens in America.

Kindest wishes, Dave
Everyday problems teach us to have a realistic attitude.
They teach us that life is what life is; flawed.
Yet with tremendous potential for joy and fulfillment.
~Lama Surya Das~

If your path teaches you to act and exert yourself correctly and leads to spiritual realizations such as love, compassion and wisdom then obviously it's worthwhile.
~Lama Thubten Yeshe~

One whose mind is freed does not argue with anyone, he does not dispute with anyone. He makes use of the conventional terms of the world without clinging to them
~The Buddha~

Return to “Alternative Health”