Curing sesame oil

Discuss any health or dietary topics which lie outside mainstream Western medical thinking, from Ayurveda to Reiki.
Inge

Curing sesame oil

Post by Inge »

While curing sesame oil I accidentally heated it to maybe 150 degrees celsius. Does this make it unsuitable for ayurvedic oil massage?
Malcolm

Re: Curing sesame oil

Post by Malcolm »

Inge wrote:While curing sesame oil I accidentally heated it to maybe 150 degrees celsius. Does this make it unsuitable for ayurvedic oil massage?

No, but why don't you just by some high quality ayurvedic oils?
Inge

Post by Inge »

Namdrol wrote:
Inge wrote:While curing sesame oil I accidentally heated it to maybe 150 degrees celsius. Does this make it unsuitable for ayurvedic oil massage?

No, but why don't you just by some high quality ayurvedic oils?
I just assumed they would be to expensive, but a quick websearch revealed they are not. So thank you again.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Who makes good Ayurvedic massage oils? I still have my stash of ancient ones. Sandalwood and camphor and Himsagar Taila were two of my favourites. I have actual snake oil as well, an old Mogul recipe. Very effective.

What I would really love right now is Mahlakshmi Vilas Ras with Gold. But you have to be very careful who you buy alchemical medicines from. I used to love taking it when I was young with chandan nadi. You would almost glow and your whole body would smell of sandalwood. Then I went into a retreat eating only black mercury and warm milk and honey. Regained my health. I was so sickly before. Does anyone still do these things? Making money and getting a career was such a mistake. Now I am just bored, worn out and old. I should go back to being a Dharma bum as soon as my youngest daughter turn 20.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Nemo wrote:Who makes good Ayurvedic massage oils? I still have my stash of ancient ones. Sandalwood and camphor and Himsagar Taila were two of my favourites. I have actual snake oil as well, an old Mogul recipe. Very effective.

What I would really love right now is Mahlakshmi Vilas Ras with Gold. But you have to be very careful who you buy alchemical medicines from. I used to love taking it when I was young with chandan nadi. You would almost glow and your whole body would smell of sandalwood. Then I went into a retreat eating only black mercury and warm milk and honey. Regained my health. I was so sickly before. Does anyone still do these things? Making money and getting a career was such a mistake. Now I am just bored, worn out and old. I should go back to being a Dharma bum as soon as my youngest daughter turn 20.

Sarada and Tri-health make the best that are avaiable in the US.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

To compliment Yantra Yoga practice, do we generally want a oil with cooling or heating properties?

And if on a budget, would either black sesame oil or coconut oil be recommended?
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Or would a balanced—temperature and/or dosha-wise—massage oil be best?

Return to “Alternative Health”