Dharma Wheel

A Buddhist discussion forum on Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 6:01 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:45 am 

Master Nan Huai-chin mentions this book quit often as being a valuable recource for studying Enlightenment stories. He mentions quit a lot of interesting exerpts from the book in "Working Towards Enlightenment, but I don't think there is an English translation available for the whole text. Does anyone know anything about this book, or any efforts to have it translated? I don't even know where to find the darn thing in it's original Chinese.

NOTE: If this is the wrong place for this type of thread please let me know a better location for it!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:04 pm 

Hi,

I probably went looking for them once, and didn't have any luck. There may be store in taiwan or hong kong though, that have chinese versions. I have spent some time over the last 15 years trying to collect english translations of the book Master Nan mentions in Working Towards Enlightenment, as well as, his other books. I have a acquired some, but many do not exist in english yet and some i will guess will take a very long time to translate.

On a Zen note, Master Nan's Diamond Sutra Explained is well done http://www.amazon.com/Diamond-Sutra-Exp ... 0971656126.

So is The Story of Chinese Zen. i'm on dial up so, sorry i didn't supply the link for it as well.

good luck!

"greentreee"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 1:08 am 

SO! I may have found something? This seems to be the book were looking for.. I bought it on my Kindle and it's filled with Chan Stories, like the one Master Nan references. I haven't found any that he's mentioned inside Working Towards Enlightenment yet though. It's still a fun read. Here is the link. http://www.amazon.com/Pointing-Moon-Chi ... oon+kindle EDIT: There is a link to used paperback versions on this page as well, super cheap!