A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā Richard Stanley

A forum for scholastic discussion/debate.

A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā Richard Stanley

Postby Greg » Fri Apr 13, 2012 4:49 pm

Does anyone have a copy of "A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā" by Richard Stanley, Australian National University, Canberra (1988)?

Would be appreciated.
Greg
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā Richard Stanley

Postby Leo Rivers » Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:27 pm

http://en.scientificcommons.org/36098594

use the information at that link to get it through inter-library loan from a good university library.
User avatar
Leo Rivers
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:52 am

Re: A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā Richard Stanley

Postby Greg » Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:40 am

Leo Rivers wrote:http://en.scientificcommons.org/36098594

use the information at that link to get it through inter-library loan from a good university library.


Thanks, but I did that and got microfiche, which I hate. Was hoping someone had a pdf.
Greg
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:42 pm

Re: A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā Richard Stanley

Postby Leo Rivers » Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:28 am

Tell me about it.

I got Alex Wayman's Sravakabhumi through inter-library loan and its bound with another essay from a journal so tight I can't xerox it or photocopy it, I may afraid I'll bust the book just trying to finish a sentence!. I would pay the money for a University bound version for his dissertation from http://dissexpress.umi.com/dxweb who lists but doesn't have it.

It is an amazing source of so much, (especially the chapter itself), like a glorious lost city that's been forgotten and deserves the kind of study that requires training yourself to read it even in the translation... but I have to return it in 2 weeks. :toilet:

How CAN this text be so unavailable?

If you get lucky and find the A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā Richard Stanley please tip me off.

And If you find an ownable source for the Sravakabhumi I will personally FedEx you a large pizza and a pitcher of beer. :cheers:
User avatar
Leo Rivers
 
Posts: 250
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:52 am

Re: A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā Richard Stanley

Postby Will » Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:50 pm

Leo: "And If you find an ownable source for the Sravakabhumi"

Check your PM
One should refrain from biased judgments and doubting in fathoming the Buddha and the Dharma of the Buddhas. Even though a dharma may be extremely difficult to believe, one should nonetheless maintain faith in it. Nagarjuna
User avatar
Will
 
Posts: 1922
Joined: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:21 am

Re: A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā Richard Stanley

Postby Jnana » Wed May 02, 2012 10:40 pm

Greg wrote:Does anyone have a copy of "A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā" by Richard Stanley, Australian National University, Canberra (1988)?

Would be appreciated.

Here it is on Scribd: A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā.

:buddha1:
Jnana
 
Posts: 1106
Joined: Tue Nov 16, 2010 12:58 pm

Re: A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā Richard Stanley

Postby Greg » Thu May 03, 2012 12:09 am

Jnana wrote:
Greg wrote:Does anyone have a copy of "A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā" by Richard Stanley, Australian National University, Canberra (1988)?

Would be appreciated.

Here it is on Scribd: A study of the Madhyāntavibhāga-bhāsya-ṭikā.

:buddha1:


Yes, very fortuitous, thanks!
Greg
 
Posts: 306
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 6:42 pm


Return to Academic Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Norwegian and 11 guests

>