Identity in poverty

A place to discuss health and fitness, including healthy diets, etc.
gloriasteinem

Identity in poverty

Post by gloriasteinem »

Now, please don't delete this. It's again on dress wearing topic and my problem of my clothes being "sodomized" by Russians (I do mean Russians). And I will give life examples. We have a local saint in the village, he is 100 years old and wears traditional cloths, countryside clothes and everyone think that although a saint he must be insane to wear these. Now I'm honest. He was a "normal" person in his youth and even have grandchildren in the village but he lives from many years in the church wearing traditional cloths that nobody and I do mean nobody wears even on holidays. He looks like as a century ago person. And everyone thinks there's something a little bit wrong in his head to go like this.

But one morning, I've been sick the night, very poor last winter and I went in th morning to the centre of the village where we have a cultural centre and computers (I have one with me now unlike then) and I saw him standing in the Middle of the scuare looking at my direction. It's like he knew I wasn't good last night and showed up for support. And he never shows up out of the church just like that.

Now these days, after I have computer and anything what is happening is that my clothes are being regularly ruined while I am outside of the house. You know, it's the easiest way to empoverish someone or make him/her an outcast if you simply destroy her cloths. She would buy new and new but they will always be soon ruined. And she would look like a beggar or a strange person who could not care of her self. Get the zip broken while she is gone, change the pattern to a shorter while she is out, write with a machine something she wouldn't like and need to remove. Is it provable - not. Is it a crime? Not according to law. If the clothes were stolen, it might have been a crime, but changing their patterns even without my permission is not exactly a crime. Also it sound funny and ridiculous. People laugh in newspapers comments when Hilton or other actress get stolen of her clothes. It happens in US pretty often. And it's funny. People think if she is rich and famous she probably deserves it. Surely I'm not rich but maybe somehow famous?

So I was wondering how is this going to end up? Because if it continues this way I might end up like the old saint of the village. But should I wear traditional women cloths? I don't like skirts and stuff. Maybe I'll be looking like some Connan the Barbarian or a female correlative to that. Some parts of cloths sewed together into "something".

If you think my complaint is ridiculous I'm just saying that nobody knows why the saint in the village is dressed this way. He is a man and man don't complain. But I have devices and I can complain. And I do complain of the Russians. I'm sorry if they feel offended because most of their folks (and I have even prove for one of them to take part in this cloths ruining) are into such disgusting "jobs". I actually would like to hear an apology from any of them and not I to apologise for not having clothes because of them. And I'm sorry I complain again? But these people hardly leave me peaceful for a day or an hour even.
Dan74
Former staff member

Re: Identity in poverty

Post by Dan74 »

Hi gloria,

a friend of a friend recently complained of someone entering her house and messing with her things. He helped install surveillance camera and things have improved apparently. Maybe you could look into these options?
Urgyen Dorje

Post by Urgyen Dorje »

I'm sorry that people are hurting you.

UD
dreambow

Post by dreambow »

You're really quite blessed to have that wonderful old saint living in your village.
The foot of a tree suffices him for a resting place
And a plate is provided by his own two hands.

He scorns riches as he would a bundle of rags,

Those who wear the kaupina are indeed fortunate.

(Hymn of the Kaupinavata -verse 2).
gloriasteinem

Post by gloriasteinem »

Amazing. Really nice quote that is handling very well the topic. I also read a book now that it comes from probably. "In The Steps of the Yogis". And thank you. A very sensible answer to a very confused topic I left here. You have my admiring.

Return to “Wellness, Diet and Fitness”