parinirvana on DW

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
tatpurusa

parinirvana on DW

Post by tatpurusa »

What happened to padma norbu?
If I click on his name, I get the info "The requested user does not exist."

Has he got abducted by aliens? Or just blown away as in "nirvana"?
Or was it just a worldly action of banning?

I notice two of his latest threads got locked.
http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=15066
http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=63&t=15022

I have noticed other members too disappearing just like that.

Why I post this in the Suggestion box?
Because I would like to suggest that in case someone get banned (if this was the case..) from this forum, that the mods
make a brief announcement and post a kind of justification (or a kind of explanation at least)

regards
tp
Malcolm

Re: parinirvana on DW

Post by Malcolm »

tatpurusa wrote:What happened to padma norbu?

He went postal on the board because of an argument he was having with Greg, demanding to have his user named removed. Apparently he decided that Greg was using moderator powers to his own advantage. He then spammed the board with topic after topic, demanding that attention be given to his demand. It was either him or greg, one of them had to go.

Alternately, it is the Buddhist rapture.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

:smile:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Virgo

Post by Virgo »

I fenjoyedPadma's posts, it is a shame he got so agro. I hope we hear from him on other Buddhist forums.

Kevin
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Malcolm wrote:...It was either him or greg, one of them had to go...
Neither of us had to go, he decided to leave because he felt that he was being unduly discriminated against by staff and that I was being pandered to.

When in doubt, blame everybody else! :tongue:

Personally, I am unhappy that he left, because some of the stuff he posted was genuinely interesting and informative (regardless of whether I agreed with all of it or not).

PS As an ex-staff member I don't have any executive power/capacity. I, when needed to, have recourse to reporting posts, just like any other member.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Sherab Dorje wrote:
Malcolm wrote:...It was either him or greg, one of them had to go...
Neither of us had to go, he decided to leave because he felt that he was being unduly discriminated against by staff and that I was being pandered to.

When in doubt, blame everybody else! :tongue:

Personally, I am unhappy that he left, because some of the stuff he posted was genuinely interesting and informative (regardless of whether I agreed with all of it or not).

PS As an ex-staff member I don't have any executive power/capacity. I, when needed to, have recourse to reporting posts, just like any other member.
Yes, I am familiar with the charge, having been subjected to it many times myself.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

PPS I wasn't having an argument, I was having a discussion. I didn't really have enough personally invested in the topic to get into a punch-up over.
tatpurusa wrote:Why I post this in the Suggestion box?
Because I would like to suggest that in case someone get banned (if this was the case..) from this forum, that the mods
make a brief announcement and post a kind of justification (or a kind of explanation at least)
Hmmmmm... not a bad idea. It would have have to be a locked forum (like the announcement thread) otherwise...
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
dzogchungpa

Post by dzogchungpa »

Ask not for whom the bell Tolles, it Tolles for thee.
There is not only nothingness because there is always, and always can manifest. - Thinley Norbu Rinpoche

Return to “Suggestion Box”