New Staff Rule: Mandatory Suspension after Mods Break Rules

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
tlee

New Staff Rule: Mandatory Suspension after Mods Break Rules

Post by tlee »

I would like to suggest a temporary and mandatory suspension of moderators from the forum and moderation duties after being found to have violated a rule that impacted at least one other person negatively, with the minimum suspension time being 24 hours.

I believe it is only fair to have the rules apply to moderators and forum users alike.
Moderators who are not familiar with the rules should not have moderation duties.
A minimum of 24 hour suspension from the forum would encourage moderators correct their behavior.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Re: New Staff Rule: Mandatory Suspension after Mods Break Ru

Post by Grigoris »

tlee wrote:I would like to suggest a temporary and mandatory suspension of moderators from the forum and moderation duties after being found to have violated a rule that impacted at least one other person negatively, with the minimum suspension time being 24 hours.

I believe it is only fair to have the rules apply to moderators and forum users alike.
Moderators who are not familiar with the rules should not have moderation duties.
A minimum of 24 hour suspension from the forum would encourage moderators correct their behavior.
What about a rule about members that libel Dharma Wheel members on other Buddhist forums, being punished as if they carried out the action here? I reckon that would be a good rule too. What do you reckon? ;)
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Suggestion Box”