Why should videos be explained in some sentences?

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member

Re: Why should videos be explained in some sentences?

Post by Kim O'Hara »

Topic moved to the Suggestion Box because that's what has come out of the discussion.

:coffee:
Kim
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

KeithBC wrote:Bottom line: it is rude to post a link without some indication of why one is posting it.

Not everyone has the luxury of high-speed Internet. I don't mind watching a video if I believe it is going to be worth the time it takes to download it. But I won't watch some random link just on the off chance that it might turn out to be interesting. Life is too short for that.

Om mani padme hum.
Keith
Agreed...It has to be of VERY great interest to me to watch a video at all..I seldom do. And without an intro there is no chance.
At least one Buddhist forum known to me deletes any post immediately any post containing a vid., which does not include a preamble..
Which seems reasonable to me. :smile:
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
frank123

Post by frank123 »

Ok i know this tread is beyond me posting the link that provoked this tread to begin with but i just want to add that the tread i posted the video in was about Pema Khandro and it was well underway.

http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=16819

I did not post what i wanted to say in the post particularly because i wanted the video to speak for itself.That was my point.
If i made people wonder why i posted it then its my bad ,sorry.
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

frank123 wrote:Ok i know this tread is beyond me posting the link that provoked this tread to begin with but i just want to add that the tread i posted the video in was about Pema Khandro and it was well underway.

I did not post what i wanted to say in the post particularly because i wanted the video to speak for itself.That was my point.
Maybe this topic started that way , but now it is far from that. The Khandro-video is no problem.

I wanted to have a picture of how the users feel about videos without any comment in general. Here we've got many reasonable answers now.
frank123

Post by frank123 »

Ayu wrote:
frank123 wrote:Ok i know this tread is beyond me posting the link that provoked this tread to begin with but i just want to add that the tread i posted the video in was about Pema Khandro and it was well underway.

Maybe this topic started that way :smile: , but now it is far from that.

I wanted to have a picture of how the users feel about videos without any comment in general. Here we've got many reasonable answers now.
Good! i just wanted to explain my position(again sorry)the floor is yours!!

Return to “Suggestion Box”