Password

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
recycledbraindrain

Password

Post by recycledbraindrain »

Hello, sorry, I am probably posting this in the wrong place. Please can anyone tell me how I change my login password. I keep going round in circles. Thank you very much.
Norwegian

Re: Password

Post by Norwegian »

1. Click on User Control Panel (upper left)
2. Click on Profile.
3. Click on Edit account settings.
4. New password
5. Confirm password
6. Current password
7. Click Submit.

Those are the steps you should go through.
recycledbraindrain

Hi, thanks Norwegian. That helped and I successfully changed my password. But when I came to log in again I couldn't log in. I was just getting a message stating:

“The specified username is currently inactive. If you have problems activating your account, please contact a board administrator”

I tried to reset the password and so on but nothing worked. I did not receive any password reset emails. I couldn't even find a place to email an administrator. I tried the FAQ but there was nothing that helped me unless I was logged in and so i created this new account temporarily to get back inside this forum. It wouldn't accept my email address as there was already the other Dharma Wheel account registered to it so I had to open a new email account.

Please can anyone help me to re-access my first account, username Wheelspinchaos ? Can an administrator please email me and advise me further about how to get back into my account?

Thank you very much.

Wheelspinchaos (temporarily recycledbraindrain)
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Check PM. I have reset your password for your original account. The email notification system is down right now. We are working on getting it fixed.
recycledbraindrain

Thank you. Much appreciated.
DNS
Site Admin

Post by DNS »

Email notification system back up and running. Any system emails might go to your spam folder since it is automatically sent by a bot.
recycledbraindrain

Hi, I still have not been able to reset the password. Anyway please don't worry about it any more. I will just stick with this account and forget about the old one.
:smile:

Return to “Suggestion Box”