Bookmarking posts

Offer your suggestions about how we can improve this forum to better serve our members, and tell us here about any technical problems.
Paul

Bookmarking posts

Post by Paul »

Would it be possible to implement a system to bookmark a post (or a thread) that we like so we can go back to re-read it? For example there are several worth re-reading in the now 1000 post long Dzogchen and Buddhism but finding them is a bit of a nightmare.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Mr. G

Re: Bookmarking posts

Post by Mr. G »

Hi Paul,

At the bottom left, at the end of every thread, there is a "bookmark topic" option. Can you see this?
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
Blue Garuda

Post by Blue Garuda »

I don't know of a way to bookmark specific posts but if you know who wrote the ones which interest you, you could go to their profile, search their posts and copy them and paste into Word for later perusal.
Left
Paul

Post by Paul »

Mr. G wrote:Hi Paul,

At the bottom left, at the end of every thread, there is a "bookmark topic" option. Can you see this?
Hi - I'd not noticed that before. Is there anything that would allow the same thing to be done with posts? I'm guessing Blue Garuda's suggestion might be the only way.
Look at the unfathomable spinelessness of man: all the means he's been given to stay alert he uses, in the end, to ornament his sleep. – Rene Daumal
the modern mind has become so limited and single-visioned that it has lost touch with normal perception - John Michell
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

Paul wrote:
Mr. G wrote:Hi Paul,

Hi - I'd not noticed that before. Is there anything that would allow the same thing to be done with posts? I'm guessing Blue Garuda's suggestion might be the only way.
We don't have that option for posts, but we'll try to look into it. What BG recommended is good too for making notes for oneself.
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
zangskar

Post by zangskar »

Paul, in case you didnt notice, the headline of every individual post contains a HTML link to that post, for instance here is one from another thread: http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 70#p100894" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Where the #p number at the end is the post's identifier. So for instance to save the bookmark in Mozilla Firefox you just right click on the post headline and select "Bookmark link". Or if you don't want them saved in your browser you can use e.g. Google Bookmarks or something similar that should integrate with your browser through an extension/add-on/app.
Best wishes
Lars

Return to “Suggestion Box”