Ole Nydahi and Trungpa rinpoche

Post sayings or stories from Buddhist traditions which you find interesting, inspiring or useful. (Your own stories are welcome on DW, but in the Creative Writing or Personal Experience forums rather than here.)
pensum

Re: Ole Nydahi and Trungpa rinpoche

Post by pensum »

[quote="Malcolm"][ The situation with the Karmapas is difficult, /quote]

Personally I don't get what is so difficult. As Tulku Urgyen explained it (to me personally in a private conversation when i asked him directly his opinion on the controversy which was in full swing at the time) being a buddha the Karmapa can manifest innumerable tulkus, and not just in this world, universe or realm, so the fact two got recognized is no big deal, as countless ones go unrecognized. Furthermore, both Situ and Sharmar were both devoted students of the Karmapa and would only ever do what they feel is best for him, unfortunately there respective views to this end were at odds.

To this i would add that unfortunately in the political and legal world we live in only one person can take the formal seat at Rumtek and hence assume dominion over all the Karma Kagyu holdings throughout the world which amounts to a lot of real estate and political power. But that is just a corporate position and whether or not one holds such a position does not reflect in anyway on one's spiritual standing. In fact, the lower profile with fewer corporate responsibilities might arguably be preferable from a practice and teaching perspective as one can act free of the constraints of bureaucracy, politics etc.. So personally i feel that all the strife, hate, proclaiming one Karmapa higher than the other, etc. are little more than displays of ignorance and grasping.
AlexanderS

Re: Ole Nydahi and Trungpa rinpoche

Post by AlexanderS »

On another note. I have some questions relating to the 5th karmapa prophecy, but unrelated to the dispute.

Is there any consensus as to who the individuals mentioned in this section are?

I thought maybe that the first two individuals mentioned could be Karmapa and Sharmapa as I believe they often regarded as sun and moon, however I don't believe the present sharmapa has the initials kha in his name.

I have no idea who the king of gomde is.

I guess this fellow

"an individual with (exceptional) karma,
endowed with the complexion of the autumn moon, will appear, his mind
perfect within the unchanging Dharmadhatu.
He will lead all associated with him to (the realm called) Lotus Light."

to be Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche.

Any good guesses anyone? I know this should probably be in a seperate thread.

"At that time, two individuals who resemble the sun and the moon will
appear at the same time. Their names will have the initials Ka and Kha. And
those associated with them will not return (to samsara).
In the place called Gomde, a fragment of Avalokiteshvara’s light
will, in secret, manifest as the king of Gomde.

During his time, there will be happiness there.
Upon his passing, Gomde will decline.
In the area of Dokham Sarmo Gang, an individual with (exceptional) karma,
endowed with the complexion of the autumn moon, will appear, his mind
perfect within the unchanging Dharmadhatu.
He will lead all associated with him to (the realm called) Lotus Light.
Upon his passing, Dokham will decline.
At this seat called Sala Chodpa (Karma Gon), a manifestation of an arhat32
will come, wearing an orange dharma robe.
All connections with him will be meaningful.
Upon his passing, he will dissolve into the expanse of Vimalamitra’s
enlightened mind."

Return to “Dharma Stories”