A Bhikkhuni talks about how to deal with opposite sex relati

Post sayings or stories from Buddhist traditions which you find interesting, inspiring or useful. (Your own stories are welcome on DW, but in the Creative Writing or Personal Experience forums rather than here.)
Thug4lyfe

A Bhikkhuni talks about how to deal with opposite sex relati

Post by Thug4lyfe »

Another Internet Chinese article which I will progressively translate. Hope you can enjoy this article!

"A Bhikkhuni talks about how to deal with opposite sex relationship"

After I left home, many people asked how I dealt with desire for the opposite sex.

This is definetly a question many people are interested in. After a person shaves their hair, remove all seductive make up, willingly uphold seemingly inhuman precepts, eating meatless dishes that only consist of "grass", chanting incomprehensible "mantras", and strangely sitting still for hours on end. How can they survive like this? Why do they do it? Do they not have desire? How do they deal with desires?
Thug4lyfe

Re: A Bhikkhuni talks about how to deal with opposite sex relati

Post by Thug4lyfe »

Actually, the subject that everyone is most interested in is probably the question of desire for the opposite sex. Lay people don't understand, is the process of shaving, just like washing off dirt with water? All the desires gets shaved off with the hair?

I will tell you now, no, after shaving, desires and habits have not been shaved off.

But, for a truly wise and cautious person who have concern and takes responsibility for their future. If they choose to leave home, they must understand the advantages of leaving home.

The Dharma, are not just tall statues of the Buddha, monks infront of ancient statues, and not superstitous worshippers who are there to seek protection and fortune.

If you have not taken time to seek deeper understanding, you will never realise it's wonderful secrets.

If you do not learn, do not cultivate, you will be a poor superstitious person. It's like as if your guarding a priceless treasure, yet not understand it's values.

When I first started learning the Dharma, the many suffering and vexation I've experienced in the past, have gone away as if waking from a dream, as if they flew away like a bird. I found myself sitting there laughing to myself.

I understood, do you understand?
Thug4lyfe

Post by Thug4lyfe »

I can tell you now, that my decision to leave home is the most wise and happy and decision in my life. It's a decision and participation full of committment. I've never retreated from your lives, never escaped from life, and I've never refused to face any problems that comes my way. In fact, I am using the Buddha's teachings to guide and release my wisdom, to solve and face with more efficency and positivity.

Even though I am a begainner, comparing to all the honourable ones who's achieved the way I am just a baby in swaddle. Even though I am just a "Buddhist baby", I already felt Buddha's light. This light, isn't emitted by any Buddha or Bodhisattva, this light is emitted by me. It's a light gradually emitted after my slight awakening from the wisdom of my intrinsic nature.
Thug4lyfe

Post by Thug4lyfe »

I honestly reply to my friends, yes, I still have desires. When I see attractive people, I will still look, also, when I meet people that has Karmic connections with me, I can't help but to like them. But different to back then, how will I react now?

Cause and Effect, is an un-doubtable law of the universe. Today's meeting and mutual attraction, are due to Karmic connections developed a long time ago. It may not neccesarily be like on Hollywood films, where today's meeting is due to oath of undying love or romance. It maybe because of past grudges, someone is trying to seek revenge. It maybe because of past debts, someone is here to seek repayment. It maybe because someone is someone else's grandparent, due to past attachments, they meet again in this life. It maybe because a past parent is trying to continue a karmic connections that was not exhausted in the past life. Or, It could be someone you've brushed shoulder with on the street, due to the thought of greed generated by one person to the other person's beauty. Orrr, it could be because of anything your imagination can come up with. In the West they call it the "Butterfly Effect".

Return to “Dharma Stories”