Discuss your personal experience with the Dharma here. How has it enriched your life? What challenges does it present?

Postby Jesse » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:35 pm

So this morning as I was angrily tossing my buddha statue as hard as I could into the woods, I slipped on a slime mold on the concrete and fell on my ass.

That's karma.

ps. The reasons for throwing the statue are over, all is well. :namaste:
"We know nothing at all. All our knowledge is but the knowledge of schoolchildren. The real nature of things we shall never know." - Albert Einstein
Jesse

Re: Karma

Postby Ayu » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:56 pm

Do you know some purification practice? Would be better.
:buddha2:
Metta, Karuna, Mudita, Upekha
*** om vajra krodha hayagrīva hulu hulu hūm phat**
Ayu
Global Moderator

Postby Jesse » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:06 pm

fell on my ass.

I think that should suffice. :rolling:
"We know nothing at all. All our knowledge is but the knowledge of schoolchildren. The real nature of things we shall never know." - Albert Einstein
Jesse

Postby Mkoll » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:48 pm

Yikes. You should probably ensure that you henceforth act in such a way that those "reasons for throwing the statue" don't arise in the future. Or at least do the best you can in this regard.
Peace,
James
Mkoll

Postby Jesse » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:10 am

It's just a statue, the real buddha is my heart. Anyway, what im going through is withdrawal. Quitting hurts.
Jesse

Postby muni » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:03 am

Some are called teachings but they are not clearing my delusions, rather they are increasing my arrogance. Some are not called teachings, but they are very much showing my delusions.

Then gratitude arises.

Gratitude. :namaste:
Write it all on water!
muni

Postby Mkoll » Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:14 am

Jesse wrote:It's just a statue, the real buddha is my heart. Anyway, what im going through is withdrawal. Quitting hurts.

I assume that means you won't be using drugs recreationally again?

If so, glad to hear it!

:thumbsup:
Peace,
James
Mkoll

Postby Jesse » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:36 am

Mkoll wrote:
Jesse wrote:It's just a statue, the real buddha is my heart. Anyway, what im going through is withdrawal. Quitting hurts.

I assume that means you won't be using drugs recreationally again?

If so, glad to hear it!

:thumbsup:

That's the idea! I figured it would be a simple matter of losing the chemical dependance, but that's not really the hard part. The hard part is I haven't dealt with my body and minds pain at full force in over 3 years.

muni wrote:Some are called teachings but they are not clearing my delusions, rather they are increasing my arrogance. Some are not called teachings, but they are very much showing my delusions.

Then gratitude arises.

Gratitude. :namaste:

Very much so.
Jesse

Postby Ayu » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:12 pm

You can appreciate every dirt that comes out and scapes out now, because this keeps you another step further afar from hell. :( Sorry to say it that clearly.
This is the advantage of being a human being: we can work on ourselves right now. We would better like to be in a heavenly realm where we feel nothing but happiness - but that wouldn't have any benefit!!! The good karma would just be consumed.
Every pain you feel now is done by the monster of adiction. The louder it moans the more joyfull you can cheer up to leave it.

Jesse wrote:It's just a statue, the real buddha is my heart.

I feel different about this thing. The Buddha may be in my heart, but I'm not always able to realize him there. He is also in the air I breathe... And everywhere. Also he is in concentrated form in the statue. It is a shape where he is realizable for me. That's why it gives me a cut in my heart to read of such a throwing statue. If you would write, you've harmed your own body, it would hurt my heart in the same way.

I send you all good wishes that are available. :smile:

image.jpg
image.jpg (256.96 KiB) Viewed 252 times
Metta, Karuna, Mudita, Upekha
*** om vajra krodha hayagrīva hulu hulu hūm phat**
Ayu
Global Moderator

Postby Jesse » Tue Aug 05, 2014 3:23 pm

Ayu wrote:You can appreciate every dirt that comes out and scapes out now, because this keeps you another step further afar from hell. :( Sorry to say it that clearly.
This is the advantage of being a human being: we can work on ourselves right now. We would better like to be in a heavenly realm where we feel nothing but happiness - but that wouldn't have any benefit!!! The good karma would just be consumed.
Every pain you feel now is done by the monster of adiction. The louder it moans the more joyfull you can cheer up to leave it.

Jesse wrote:It's just a statue, the real buddha is my heart.

I feel different about this thing. The Buddha may be in my heart, but I'm not always able to realize him there. He is also in the air I breathe... And everywhere. Also he is in concentrated form in the statue. It is a shape where he is realizable for me. That's why it gives me a cut in my heart to read of such a throwing statue. If you would write, you've harmed your own body, it would hurt my heart in the same way.

I send you all good wishes that are available. :smile:

image.jpg

Thank you very much. :)

I apologize for throwing the statue, regardless. Best wishes to you, and thanks for the well wishes. :smile:
Jesse

Return to Personal Experience