Ajahn Brahm for sale?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Namgyal

Re: Ajahn Brahm for sale?

Post by Namgyal »

Huseng wrote:...He was within his rights to ordain bhikkhunis in the absence of Theravadin bhikkhunis...He did not need consent from the Thai sangha or anyone else for what he did...Why should the current generation of elderly monks in Asia have any bearing on women in Australia and elsewhere who want bhikkhuni ordinations?...
The robe of Lord Buddha is not just a piece of cloth and belonging to the monastic Sangha is not simply a matter of membership. Both carry blessings which can only be transferred in the proper way. In order to repair a broken ordination lineage 'a highly realised practitioner' must participate in the ceremony. Perhaps in the mountains of Korea there is an elderly nun who could renew this blessing. In any case, thousands of nuns and monks would have to attend and such a ceremony would have to take place under the auspices of a World Buddhist Council at Bodh Gaya.
The notion that a single publicity-seeking 'Phra Farang' down in Gooloogong NSW might somehow be qualified for this task is preposterous.
:namaste:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Namgyal wrote:In order to repair a broken ordination lineage 'a highly realised practitioner' must participate in the ceremony. Perhaps in the mountains of Korea there is an elderly nun who could renew this blessing. In any case, thousands of nuns and monks would have to attend and such a ceremony would have to take place under the auspices of a World Buddhist Council at Bodh Gaya.
And where exactly in the Vianaya does it say this?
The notion that a single publicity-seeking 'Phra Farang' down in Gooloogong NSW might somehow be qualified for this task is preposterous.
Preposterous is a single anonyomous individual informed merely by their fantastic preconceptions of what qualifies as bhikkuni ordination passing judgement on a Vinaya observing monk. That is preposterous.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Actually, now that I thought about it, it is time to put an end to all the baseless accusations regarding this topic and lock this thread.

If anybody has anything relevant and intelligent to add to the discussion please feel free to contact me.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde

Return to “Lounge”