Let's Send Greg To His Retreat This Year

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
mandala

Re: Let's Send Greg To His Retreat This Year

Post by mandala »

gregkavarnos wrote:June 29th to the July 9th so if anybody wants to cause trouble here at Dharma Wheel, without me knowing, that would be the best time to do it! :tongue:
Awesome, I'll pencil in those dates...

:spy:
shel

Post by shel »

gregkavarnos wrote:June 29th to the July 9th so if anybody wants to cause trouble here at Dharma Wheel, without me knowing, that would be the best time to do it! :tongue:
Yay, a whole week of being allowed to post what Gregkavarnos doesn't like (but no one else minds :tongue: ).
Lotus108

Post by Lotus108 »

Greg, I'm so pleased that you are able to go on your retreat, and that the DW group is just so damned awesome! I also look forward to 10 days of glorious mayhem in your absence!
Admin_PC
Former staff member

Post by Admin_PC »

I was out all weekend at a computer competition thing (defcon capture-the-flag qualifier) and didn't remember about this til today.
Any way I can still kick in some extra spend money?
I don't see you on the page, am I missing something?
Madeliaette
Location: Currently in Sussex, England. Formerly in Wollongong, Australia.

Post by Madeliaette »

So glad it worked out - :namaste: Sorry i was awol for a few weeks and missed the post til 'all done' - (if it happens again next year, I will toss in my quarterly royalty payment...)
dharmagoat

Post by dharmagoat »

I have been AWOL too for the last couple of weeks, so have been unaware of this project.

I am very pleased to read that Greg got to go to his retreat. I will be sure to take part next next year when I have a few more funds.

Thank you everyone for contributing. It is very heartening to see such goodwill in action over the internet. All the best, Greg.
:anjali:
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Back again! I just wanted to thank everybody once again for all their help. It was an excellent seminar and I came away with a ton of new techniques to torment my "students" with this fall. I also managed to receive instructions for a practice I have been itching to do for some time now and was tutored in the music offerings for my daily dharmapala practice.

Here are some photos from the retreat:

Tsok Offerings

Tsok practice with the gang: Venerable Lama Daphne, Lama Lhundrup/Tilmann, Lama Maria, Kostas (one of the gang that built the original retreat complex 20 years ago) and yours-truly singing up a storm.

Fire chopen for the Riwo Sang Cho practice. I warned them about letting me play with matches!

Torma offerings for the Dharmapalas. I refuse to make tormas since the time my Greek teacher, Lama Giorgos, made me make 100 shal say tormas (in one day) as an offering to Tara. After that torma overdose, I go into immediate aversion mode as soon as I see somebody carrying iced water and butter!

Thank you again to all those that donated, or wanted to donate but could not.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Punya

Post by Punya »

I've been meaning to ask you Greg whether you need any further support on this. As I recall it was a seven year program. Is it any easier to find work in Greece, or more specifically in your location now?
lorem

Post by lorem »

Punya wrote:I've been meaning to ask you Greg whether you need any further support on this. As I recall it was a seven year program. Is it any easier to find work in Greece, or more specifically in your location now?
You guys should have pointed out earlier, lol. My brain was going trying to figure this prob out!!!

EDIT offeringbowl, might just be the perception, but much better than indiegogo. but even better if you know the person.
I should be meditating.
DGA
Former staff member

Post by DGA »

Punya wrote:I've been meaning to ask you Greg whether you need any further support on this. As I recall it was a seven year program. Is it any easier to find work in Greece, or more specifically in your location now?
Supporting each other in our practice is an excellent use for the DharmaWheel board.

This thread (note the date!) was created before we built the Dana for Dharma sub-forum, which makes this process much easier and more transparent. Interested persons can check it out here:

http://dharmawheel.net/viewforum.php?f=114" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If Sherab Dorje needs another round of crowdsourcing to accomplish another round of teachings, then let's make it happen.
Punya

Post by Punya »

Sorry for causing confusion. It's entirely up to Greg whether he wishes to comment or not. And thank you Jikan, I had forgotten about Dana for Dharma.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
lorem

Post by lorem »

Punya wrote:Sorry for causing confusion. It's entirely up to Greg whether he wishes to comment or not. And thank you Jikan, I had forgotten about Dana for Dharma.
Prodding Greg. It is actually better to start early!!! That way we can do a little here and a little there and it will all add up in the end.
I should be meditating.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

It is almost impossible to find any decent work. As a psychologist there is no work in the private sector because people don't have the money to see a psychologist and no work in the public sector since the government has cut funding.

Leaving aside professional employment, the past 2-3 years there has seen a huge drop in tourism too, so even summer employment is down. This year there were no advertisements in the local newspapers for hotel staff. None at all. I have been on the island since 1996 and have never seen NO ads at all for hotel staff.

Luckily my partner is a public servant, and I have some casual work, but I don't even make enough money to pay my share of the bills.

I didn't go to the seminar this year. LOTS of obstacles. Money was one of them (what a surprise :smile: ). Luckily the seminar was on a practice that I have already "finished" accumulations for. My teacher sent me the audio files of the seminar so I will be following the teachings.

Due to a lack of money I have not had the opportunity to go to any seminars or teachings at all this year.

I will be following procedure here and setting up an account, so I can try and make it to the seminar next year (the date for next year is already set).

Thank you all for your concern.
Last edited by Grigoris on Sat Nov 15, 2014 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Punya

Post by Punya »

I will be following procedure here and setting up an account, so I can try and make it to the seminar next year (the date for next year is already set).
:thumbsup:

(The theory of economy's amazing. It's a really in-depth study of illusion, isn't it? ~Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche.)
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche

Return to “Lounge”