Legalized Marijuana - will you smoke it?

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
tatpurusa

Re: Legalized Marijuana - will you smoke it?

Post by tatpurusa »

invisiblediamond wrote: It could have been the other way around. He liked whiskey. Trungpa didn't transmit Dzogchen which is nongradual.
So the gradual way seems to be by guru whisky, the nongradual by guru weed?

One who has direct transmission can integrate anything. And obviously one has to guard against dualistic grasping. That's the whole game.
So why do you grasp for weed? In order to "help with the bliss part" and "intensify the clarity aspect" of natural state as you said?
Natural state cannot be perfected or altered in any way. It is just the way it is.
Besides, one should not grasp for bliss, either. That "one" grasping might not be that natural after all ...

"One" who thinks he integrates everything and the "one" who experiences the natural state is the "one" that is at the root of duality.
There should not be gasping for this "one" either. Or yes, but it is not quite so blissful.
padma norbu

Re: Legalized Marijuana - will you smoke it?

Post by padma norbu »

tatpurusa wrote:
invisiblediamond wrote: It could have been the other way around. He liked whiskey. Trungpa didn't transmit Dzogchen which is nongradual.
So the gradual way seems to be by guru whisky, the nongradual by guru weed?

One who has direct transmission can integrate anything. And obviously one has to guard against dualistic grasping. That's the whole game.
So why do you grasp for weed? In order to "help with the bliss part" and "intensify the clarity aspect" of natural state as you said?
Natural state cannot be perfected or altered in any way. It is just the way it is.
Besides, one should not grasp for bliss, either. That "one" grasping might not be that natural after all ...

"One" who thinks he integrates everything and the "one" who experiences the natural state is the "one" that is at the root of duality.
There should not be gasping for this "one" either. Or yes, but it is not quite so blissful.
Yes... and, we're all at different stages, but I don't know any older dzogchenpas who've been at it a while who claim to know much about enlightenment. When I ask questions about such things, I get responses like "nobody knows! If you did, you would be a buddha!" Personally, I don't quite understand how recognition and remaining in rigpa eventuates in buddhahood with the various powers and ability to create purelands, etc. and I don't think smoking pot would help me figure that out, even if I built up a tolerance so that I no longer "felt stoned." I understand how it can be described in many ways it is described, but as the state of buddhahood itself or even as far as shouting "Emaho!" in delight, I'm afraid that all still escapes me... as it apparently does many who have received transmission, instruction and recognized as far as can possibly be determined and verified what it is one is supposed to recognize.
"Use what seems like poison as medicine. We can use our personal suffering as the path to compassion for all beings." Pema Chodron

Return to “Lounge”