Alternative Realms of existance.

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Jesse

Alternative Realms of existance.

Post by Jesse »

I am curious how many people believe in the non-material realms? This isn't so much a way to brag, but rather to get some thing's off my chest.

I've had so many crazy thing's happen in my life, for example beings waking me up in the middle of the night to tell me they are hungry, I simply give them the first food I can find and go back to sleep. The food it'self never actually disappears. So I wonder if it's eaten at all??

Anywhow, there's lot's more bad stuff out there that's harder to deal with, beings who will harass you with sexual innuendo, or angry violent threats, and there really isn't much you can do about it. I was thinking the other day, there's a fairly relevant quote most people probably know.

"And if you gaze for long into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. - Nietzsche"

They can touch you also, being touched feels something like a feather, mixed with a very light electrical current. It's a very strange sensations. Though..

It's best not to mess with things we don't understand, because we'll only end up getting ourselves hurt. Mostly you'll run into harmless spirits, preta.. and you can just feed them, say some prayers for then.. but what happens when you run into something nasty? Who's going to save your ass then? Better know a truly good tantric mater, or be good at crying for help.. let me tell you.

Waking life, and dreams start merging, you'l become quite familiar with certain dream landscapes, there's tons of them.. and youl visit them often. some of the landscapes are totally beyond what's logically possible to our minds, just totally nuts. They defy the laws of physics as we know them, but some are quite cool. You'll find yourself lucid in many of your dreams and be able to hold conversations.

I remember one specific world, where there is a sort of launching or viewing pad, and out in front of it are trillions of planets in your view, more planets and galaxies than you can count.. and from that platform you can visit all of them. In fact we have visited many of them(Or so it seems.)

I have visited the homes of many people, most of whom I don't remember their names, i've been givin gifts. I've seen dying worlds with giant animals that people ride on (People riding on tigers, etc). One strange sensastion I've had a few times when I woke up in the middle of one of these travels is, it feels like flying through space at a billion miles per hour the source of whats pulling or pushing you feels like an enormous amount of compassion., it really depends which "way" your going. Toward it, or back to your body.

Strangly enough in your dream body, your quite like a little kid, you have all your desires but there's also a distinct lack of higher reasoning, maybe? Also.. lot's of people have pools. Big manions and pools. Not sure why, guess even entities outside earth love water.

So, obviously im a pretty big day-dreamer, and I love these sorts of experiences, Perhaps they are only dreams and mixed with my fantasy like personality. I just wanted to share this and see if others experience these kinds of things.
Last edited by Jesse on Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.
Johnny Dangerous
Global Moderator

Re: Alternative Realms of existance.

Post by Johnny Dangerous »

I believe that what we experience and view as real is a very small bit of bandwidth on a very wide continuum, a continuum I can't even begin to comprehend in my present state.

I find the above inference convincing based on my own experience of the range of mental states in this lifetime alone, it seems likely to me that the range i've experienced is just the tip of the iceberg.

I've experienced all kinds of stuff in meditation and dream yoga..I think though, that once I start asking about what is and isn't "real" it goes in a weird direction, it's all dream really..the examination point for me is the fact that it all feels quite real at the time.
Meditate upon Bodhicitta when afflicted by disease

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when sad

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when suffering occurs

Meditate upon Bodhicitta when you are scared

-Khunu Lama
Jesse

Re: Alternative Realms of existance.

Post by Jesse »

Johnny Dangerous wrote:I believe that what we experience and view as real is a very small bit of bandwidth on a very wide continuum, a continuum I can't even correct comprehend in my present state.

I find the above inference convincing based on my own experience of the range of mental states, it seems likely to me that the range i've experienced is just the tip of the iceberg.

:namaste:

This is also how I met my teacher. Though I don't know her name.
Thus shall ye think of all this fleeting world:
A star at dawn, a bubble in a stream;
A flash of lightning in a summer cloud,
A flickering lamp, a phantom, and a dream.

Return to “Lounge”