Imaginary situation

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
awareNess

Imaginary situation

Post by awareNess »

Imagine the following scenario:Only one single human being left on Earth.He doesn`t know who he is regarding his spiritual identity.He does not have any acces to teachings or whatsoever nor any humans around him to condition him.Regarding the hipotethical situation i do not focus on the possibility of this to happen but rather on the behavior of this individual.The context would oblige him to act the way he was created,in the way that nature created him,completely free and authentic.Therefore my question is:Would he find himself on his own like this?Could he get enlightened only by being what he is or would he fall deeply into his animal nature,into the unconscious and go back to stone age mentality?What do you think?
garudha

Re: Imaginary situation

Post by garudha »

I don't know but take look at these little cuties...

Mother Gorilla thinks what ?
9883790054_b2d660f5b5.jpg
9883790054_b2d660f5b5.jpg (143.96 KiB) Viewed 1015 times
Greg

Re: Imaginary situation

Post by Greg »

awareNess wrote:Imagine the following scenario:Only one single human being left on Earth.He doesn`t know who he is regarding his spiritual identity.He does not have any acces to teachings or whatsoever nor any humans around him to condition him.Regarding the hipotethical situation i do not focus on the possibility of this to happen but rather on the behavior of this individual.The context would oblige him to act the way he was created,in the way that nature created him,completely free and authentic.Therefore my question is:Would he find himself on his own like this?Could he get enlightened only by being what he is or would he fall deeply into his animal nature,into the unconscious and go back to stone age mentality?What do you think?
Seems like a good question for Open Dharma.

Return to “Lounge”