Help request for Ajyo Gapo - pls donate for cancer treatment

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
emaho

Help request for Ajyo Gapo - pls donate for cancer treatment

Post by emaho »

Hi friends,

if you ever visited the monastery of Tashiding in Sikkim you will most certainly remember Ajyo Gapo, the artist who dedicated his entire life to making all those amazing mantra stones:
Ajyo Gapo Tashiding.jpg
Ajyo Gapo Tashiding.jpg (145.21 KiB) Viewed 840 times
He is one of the most iconic persons in Tashiding. Day in day out he sat in his small work shop, carving stones and giving everybody who passed him by a friendly smile and a Tashi Dele. Now he is 87 years old and suffering from cancer. He is in urgent need of financial help for his treatment.

The Sikkimese news and media website site The Voice Of Sikkim has started a campaign to raise money for his medical care, the monastery of Tashiding and local newspapers also support the campaign. I'm in contact on facebook with his daughter Doma, who I'm friends with from my visits to Tashiding. She is in contact with The Voice of Sikkim and assured me that the campaign is legit.

Please pray for him and if you can, please donate for his medical care. Also small contributions are welcome. You can also give money via paypal to the address that has been published by VoS:

[email protected]

For the sake of transparency The Voice of Sikkim also requests, that you send them a screenshot of your paypal transaction or post it as a comment on their facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/thevoiceofsikk ... 12/?type=1

https://www.facebook.com/thevoiceofsikk ... 09/?type=1
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen
emaho

Re: Help request for Ajyo Gapo - pls donate for cancer treat

Post by emaho »

Hi everybody,

I've been contacted here and on facebook by two people who told me that they tried to send money, but received the error message that currently money cannot be sent to India.

It's only the option "Send money to friends and family" which is disabled for Indian paypal accounts. This is a general rule for all Indian paypal accounts and has nothing to do with the individual account owner.

You can transfer money with the option "Pay for goods and services and our buyer protection can help" (see the screenshot below). The difference is that with this option the recipient has to pay a small fee to paypal, but it's not much compared to bank fees for international money transfers.

I have sent money via paypal to the adress [email protected] using the business option two days ago and it worked without problems.

(My guess is that the option "Send money to friends and family", which comes without a fee, has maybe too often been abused for business transactions in India.)

Thank you very much to everybody who is trying to help, I'm sure it will be greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

R'n'R
paypal.jpg
paypal.jpg (65.15 KiB) Viewed 784 times
"I struggled with some demons, They were middle class and tame..." L. Cohen

Return to “Lounge”