Myers-Briggs personality test

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
User avatar
qwerty13
Posts: 124
Joined: Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:41 pm
Location: Finland, Europe, Earth

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby qwerty13 » Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:56 pm

These test sometimes have questions that are posed in a too restrictive way, or are not really good questions. But still, these are sometimes fun to do.
Result: INFJ
Who should we turn to for refuge? We should seek refuge in the Buddha. He is the one we weep before
-H.H. 14th Dalai Lama

ovi
Posts: 102
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 3:06 pm

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby ovi » Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:40 pm

I used to score as INFP, but now most of the time it's ENFJ.

User avatar
Ayu
Global Moderator
Posts: 5826
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby Ayu » Sun Dec 07, 2014 8:17 pm

ovi wrote:I used to score as INFP, but now most of the time it's ENFJ.

Aaaah, finally another E ! :twothumbsup:
We are the tiny minority in here.
I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

User avatar
Dan74
Founding Member
Posts: 1940
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:59 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby Dan74 » Mon Dec 08, 2014 1:01 am

OK, another one...

ENFP (only borderline E though).

Bakmoon
Posts: 674
Joined: Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:31 am

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby Bakmoon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:49 am

I'm INTP. I don't really think these kinds of test can really model a person's personality. Personality is about so much more than just four different either/or dichotomies.

User avatar
Concordiadiscordi
Posts: 107
Joined: Thu Dec 26, 2013 1:05 pm

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby Concordiadiscordi » Mon Dec 08, 2014 12:01 pm

qwerty13 wrote:These test sometimes have questions that are posed in a too restrictive way, or are not really good questions. But still, these are sometimes fun to do.
Result: INFJ


I agree.

Questionnaires typically fail to accomodate the excluded middle.
"The only valid censorship of ideas is the right of people not to listen."
- Tommy Smothers

User avatar
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member
Posts: 3294
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:09 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby Kim O'Hara » Mon Dec 08, 2014 11:47 pm

Concordiadiscordi wrote:
qwerty13 wrote:These test sometimes have questions that are posed in a too restrictive way, or are not really good questions. But still, these are sometimes fun to do.
Result: INFJ


I agree.

Questionnaires typically fail to accomodate the excluded middle.

As I pointed out earlier, the Myers-Briggs test does place people on a spectrum - four spectra, in fact - so your comment does not really apply to it. We are really dumbing it down when we summarise the results with just four letters, because doing so hides our position on the spectrum. Two people might both be (e.g.) INFJ but one might be near the middle of the scale on all four measures and the other might be so far out on the I and N scales that they can hardly function in society.

:coffee:
Kim

odysseus
Posts: 800
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:50 pm

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby odysseus » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:17 am

I believe I did this questionnaire on the internet some years ago. But it´s not meaningful to me, because such personalities will change during daily life.

In Buddhism, we have six types of persons. But our classification is used to provide fitting meditation methods, not to settle your soul into a statistic register.

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art46926.asp

User avatar
retrofuturist
Former staff member
Posts: 1243
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Contact:

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby retrofuturist » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:16 pm

Greetings,

Kim O'Hara wrote:INFJ but one might be near the middle of the scale on all four measures and the other might be so far out on the I and N scales that they can hardly function in society.

I'm far out on both of those scales, but neither impact my ability to function in society. To be honest, the further I can get from S the better!

Maitri,
Retro. :)
Live in concord, with mutual appreciation, without disputing, blending like milk and water, viewing each other with kindly eyes.

User avatar
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member
Posts: 3294
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:09 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby Kim O'Hara » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:49 pm

retrofuturist wrote:Greetings,

Kim O'Hara wrote:INFJ but one might be near the middle of the scale on all four measures and the other might be so far out on the I and N scales that they can hardly function in society.

I'm far out on both of those scales, but neither impact my ability to function in society. To be honest, the further I can get from S the better!

Maitri,
Retro. :)

I'm glad you're happy where you are on the scale, but perhaps you're not quite so far out as the extremes I had in mind. :rolleye:
I guess I will find out soon IRL - lunch still looks possible this week. :stirthepot: :pig:

:namaste:
Kim

Abhaya
Posts: 3
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2014 4:55 am

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby Abhaya » Wed Dec 10, 2014 3:36 am

Fairly consistently INTJ since the age of 13, with a rare appearance of F every once in a blue moon.

User avatar
DespreTine
Posts: 11
Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2014 5:02 am
Location: San Jose, California

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby DespreTine » Thu Dec 11, 2014 4:09 am

INTP

Borderline on I/E and P/J, "definite" NT. More "I" than "E" and more "P" than "J."
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི

User avatar
sattva
Posts: 115
Joined: Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:52 pm

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby sattva » Fri Jan 09, 2015 7:49 am

Ayu wrote:
ovi wrote:I used to score as INFP, but now most of the time it's ENFJ.

Aaaah, finally another E ! :twothumbsup:
We are the tiny minority in here.


I am an ENFP. I took the test over 20 years ago and had the same result. I like the way this test attempts to show you how strong a characteristic is. Thus, the 19% Extrovert that I got shows that I am not extremely extroverted. By the way, in a book I read many years ago on this topic it said that one of the ways you can tell if you are an extrovert or not is if you have to talk aloud to work through problems. Extraverts do, introverts don't. The rambling and muttering an extrovert sometimes does is the way he/she works through something.

The strongest characteristic I have is that of feeling and perhaps that shows an area that I could use balance in, perhaps by doing more upekkha (equanimity) meditation. Anyway, it's a thought. Like others here, I had for role "Diplomat".
Buddhist Lounge and Chat
Where everybody doesn't know your name, but we're awfully glad you came.
http://us20.chatzy.com/25904628501622
Buddhists Singles Chat
Welcome to Buddhist Singles Chat! Dharma, love, togetherness, commitment, walking the Path, kalyanamitta partners is the purpose of this room. OPEN CHAT HOURS: FRIDAYS 9 am EST until MONDAY 9 am EST
http://us21.chatzy.com/64045572939910

User avatar
Kim O'Hara
Former staff member
Posts: 3294
Joined: Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:09 am
Location: North Queensland, Australia

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby Kim O'Hara » Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:44 am

sattva wrote:... By the way, in a book I read many years ago on this topic it said that one of the ways you can tell if you are an extrovert or not is if you have to talk aloud to work through problems. Extraverts do, introverts don't. ...

Another clue (I don't know how reliable it is) is that extraverts are energised by spending time with other people while introverts are drained or depleted by doing so and normally 'recharge' by spending time alone.

:namaste:
Kim

User avatar
Ayu
Global Moderator
Posts: 5826
Joined: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:25 am
Location: Europe

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby Ayu » Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:29 pm

Kim O'Hara wrote:
sattva wrote:... By the way, in a book I read many years ago on this topic it said that one of the ways you can tell if you are an extrovert or not is if you have to talk aloud to work through problems. Extraverts do, introverts don't. ...

Another clue (I don't know how reliable it is) is that extraverts are energised by spending time with other people while introverts are drained or depleted by doing so and normally 'recharge' by spending time alone.

:thinking: But this must relate strongly to the kind of people you have to deal with.
It must be some kind of interaction though.
I think, when I was living in the flat share with some obtruders, I would have received an "I" on this test.
I have decided to stick with love.
Hate is too great a burden to bear.
- Martin Luther King, Jr. -

User avatar
maybay
Posts: 1604
Joined: Thu Sep 22, 2011 4:12 pm

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby maybay » Fri Jan 09, 2015 9:44 pm

I've found the Keirsey Temperament Sorter fleshes these energies out more thoroughly. Easier to relate to anthropomorthic archetypes. Kindof like how Indian devas rule every planet, constellation, asterism.

INTJ = Mastermind. :stirthepot:
People will know nothing and everything
Remember nothing and everything
Think nothing and everything
Do nothing and everything
- Machig Labdron

User avatar
KRB80
Posts: 11
Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:19 am

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby KRB80 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 1:53 am

I used to test as INTP but now test as an INFJ which I think I always was but repressed my Fe due to certain life events.

Bristollad
Posts: 153
Joined: Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:39 am

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby Bristollad » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:39 pm

yet another Mediator - INFP-A but with only Introvert being held strongly - all the rest are within a few points of 50%
Last edited by Bristollad on Sat Dec 10, 2016 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Malcolm
Posts: 21730
Joined: Thu Nov 11, 2010 2:19 am

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby Malcolm » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:53 pm

ISFJ-A
Atikosha
Tibetan Medicine Blog
Sudarsana Mandala, Tibetan Medicine and Herbs
Buddhahood in This Life
འ༔ ཨ༔ ཧ༔ ཤ༔ ས༔ མ༔


So called “sentient beings” are merely delusions self-appearing from the dhātu of luminosity.

-- Ju Mipham

User avatar
Lobsang Chojor
Posts: 339
Joined: Thu Dec 10, 2015 8:08 pm
Location: England

Re: Myers-Briggs personality test

Postby Lobsang Chojor » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:17 pm

ISFJ-A
ༀ་ཨ་ར་པ་ཙ་ན་དྷཱི༔ Oṃ A Ra Pa Ca Na Dhīḥ

"Morality does not become pure unless darkness is dispelled by the light of wisdom"
    Aryasura, Paramitasamasa 6.5


Return to “Lounge”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 6 guests