What If...

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Saoshun

Re: What If...

Post by Saoshun »

Suffering is reverberation of energy between mind-body and awareness like stink contained in the hermetic pot, inside hermetic pot, it's stinks and it's rotting but life going wonderful well on the outside, this is how people living, they are container which non released potential (rigpa) and self contracted into their minds creating endless suffering thru life and death.

that's what it means when someone say nirvana or samsara does not exists because it's only manifesting from natural potentiality of person which is self created suffering in cyclical means (samsara)

That potentiality bounce between subject and object. After subject and object ceased to exists we enter samahi (non dual formless absobrtion) when there is no suffering but still samsara, after that we dissolve non dualism and we reach nirvana transforming into pure light beyond description. Those are 3 important states to know and recognize.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Post by A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha »

Tenzin Dorje wrote:But there is suffering. And time is no illusion.
Yes, I know, I suffer every day, as most beings do. Time is relative,and a construct of human imagination, a concept. No...I'm aging rapidly...is that time ? What time is it inside a Black Hole ? I frequently imagine myself millions of miles away from Earth, in deep space...no time out there. Even in the "present moment"....it's gone, as soon as it arrived !

When I started this thread, I was thinking about Absolute Reality. You are thinking about Conventional Reality.

But what is True Reality ? The Absolute Truth ?

When I see the horrendous suffering that takes place every day in this world, a part of me needs to see the Absolute Truth, to help relive the suffering I experience by seeing how others are suffering. I suppose you could say it's somewhat of an escape...to relive the mind, that's bombarded daily with the news, etc.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Saoshun wrote:non dualism and we reach nirvana transforming into pure light beyond description.
Isn't this the Absolute Truth of "No Mind" ?
Tenzin Dorje

Post by Tenzin Dorje »

Kunga Lhadzom wrote:When I started this thread, I was thinking about Absolute Reality. You are thinking about Conventional Reality.

But what is True Reality ? The Absolute Truth ?
Yes, I understood your intent was to express in relation to ultimate truth.

But still, even though a table is as empty of true existence as it is empty of being a horse, it is not empty of being a table. In the exact same way, suffering is not empty of being suffering, but it is empty of true existence (or 'of being truly existent suffering').

It is true that if you look for a conventional truth (such as suffering, or a cup, or you and me) with a mind of ultimate analysis, you won't find it, but you will find it (or 'know it' or 'realize it' or 'distinguish it') with a conventional valid cognizer. That matters.

When I see the horrendous suffering that takes place every day in this world, a part of me needs to see the Absolute Truth, to help relive the suffering I experience by seeing how others are suffering. I suppose you could say it's somewhat of an escape...to relive the mind, that's bombarded daily with the news, etc.
And it's a honorable need, so to speak. If it is an escape, maybe it's an escape from ignorance, confusion. The only thing is to study the two truths so as to generate good understanding, and that way avoid any one extreme.

There's a story you may have heard. It's a Soto Zen monk who shows an orange to a Tibetan lama. The Zen monk asks the later, "What is it ?", and the Tibetan lama addresses a third persons that is standing besides, "What ? Has he never seen an orange before ?" :mrgreen:
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

It is a true story. The Lama was Kalu Rinpoche.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
Tenzin Dorje

Post by Tenzin Dorje »

Simon E. wrote:It is a true story. The Lama was Kalu Rinpoche.
Yep. :applause: The meaning of not refuting conventions.
Simon E.

Post by Simon E. »

Indeed.
“You don’t know it. You just know about it. That is not the same thing.”

Chogyam Trungpa Rinpoche to me.
A Ah Sha Sa Ma Ha

Tenzin Dorje wrote:It is true that if you look for a conventional truth (such as suffering, or a cup, or you and me) with a mind of ultimate analysis, you won't find it, but you will find it (or 'know it' or 'realize it' or 'distinguish it') with a conventional valid cognizer. That matters.
Of course...how do you think I can function on a daily basis . But if I was practicing correctly, I would never forget for one second the true nature of existence, as I function in conventions. I only sporadically think about Ultimate Reality....it's not a 24/7 practice for me.
Tenzin Dorje wrote:There's a story you may have heard. It's a Soto Zen monk who shows an orange to a Tibetan lama. The Zen monk asks the later, "What is it ?", and the Tibetan lama addresses a third persons that is standing besides, "What ? Has he never seen an orange before ?" :mrgreen:
Yes :) I'm familiar with that one too...

:namaste:

Return to “Lounge”