Cat Karma

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
gnegirl

Cat Karma

Post by gnegirl »

When i was practising this morning, a little furry face was keeping me company. She was being as good as she could be until *chomp*, one of my mala counters is in her mouth, and i'm getting cat 'big-eyes' that seem to be saying 'i know i'm being bad, but i couldn't help it!'. A small tap on her nose, she releases the counter, purrs, curls up at my feet and i keep going as she snoozes.
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
kalden yungdrung

Re: Cat Karma

Post by kalden yungdrung »

gnegirl wrote:When i was practising this morning, a little furry face was keeping me company. She was being as good as she could be until *chomp*, one of my mala counters is in her mouth, and i'm getting cat 'big-eyes' that seem to be saying 'i know i'm being bad, but i couldn't help it!'. A small tap on her nose, she releases the counter, purrs, curls up at my feet and i keep going as she snoozes.

Tashi delek,

Undoubtly good karma that the cat put in her mouth, a sacred object like here the mala. So for spoken mantras done by the help of a mala, the mala has something to do with the mouth. So i can understand why the cat could take the mala in her mouth.

Would it be not correct if a Lama would spit on your Mala. :jumping:
The meaning is here that the Lama does bless the Mala.

Best wishes
KY
The best meditation is no meditation
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

kalden yungdrung wrote:
gnegirl wrote:When i was practising this morning, a little furry face was keeping me company. She was being as good as she could be until *chomp*, one of my mala counters is in her mouth, and i'm getting cat 'big-eyes' that seem to be saying 'i know i'm being bad, but i couldn't help it!'. A small tap on her nose, she releases the counter, purrs, curls up at my feet and i keep going as she snoozes.

Tashi delek,

Undoubtly good karma that the cat put in her mouth, a sacred object like here the mala. So for spoken mantras done by the help of a mala, the mala has something to do with the mouth. So i can understand why the cat could take the mala in her mouth.

Would it be not correct if a Lama would spit on your Mala. :jumping:
The meaning is here that the Lama does bless the Mala.

Best wishes
KY
Kitties are mischievous at times, especially this one. She is usually very good, but every now and then she pulls something like this to remind me of her feline nature. The swinging counters were simply too irresistible, and in her mind, looked like WAY too much fun not to join in.

The kitties have been shrine water bowl thieves, one ate a damaru striker, and a few misc things have gotten knocked off the shrine, book case nearby etc. I keep telling her 'next lifetime, you silly fuzzy, come back as a human and then you can play with the dharma toys!'. I keep the shrine pretty bare to prevent mischief, but every now and then either she is cleverer than i realize, or i am forgetful, and mischief ensues.
"Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise." --Surangama Sutra

Phenomenon, vast as space, dharmata is your base, arising and falling like ocean tide cycles, why do i cling to your illusion of unceasing changlessness?
catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

My kitty Lily never misses a mantra session. Does she know that hearing the mantras is good for her? Maybeee
Quiet Heart

Post by Quiet Heart »

:smile:
Well there are two cats...both full grown nuetered males... in my household...and to my perhaps over sentimental understanding a cat living up to the full potential of his/her cat nature is as close to enlightenment as I will be lucky to get.
As Yogi Berra is supposed to have said, "You can see a lot of things if you just watch caefully enough."
:smile:
Shame on you Shakyamuni for setting the precedent of leaving home.
Did you think it was not there--
in your wife's lovely face
in your baby's laughter?
Did you think you had to go elsewhere (simply) to find it?
from - Judyth Collin
The Layman's Lament
From What Book, 1998, p. 52
Edited by Gary Gach
gnegirl

Post by gnegirl »

Return to “Lounge”