End of the Kali-Yuga and the Mayan-Tibetan Connection

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
wisdom

Re: End of the Kali-Yuga and the Mayan-Tibetan Connection

Post by wisdom »

I would imagine that ones intention and ability to control the subtle energies are the most important aspect in either case. If ejaculation and orgasm alone was the key to Tantric enlightenment, then we would have a world full of Enlightened Buddhas. Clearly neither of these in themselves are the causes of Enlightenment. In fact, attachment to these is often what creates the opposite, and becomes a cause for suffering.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

wisdom

Samael Aun Weor never said that physically Chaste seminal-sublimation alone can lead to Enlightenment.

He did however say that Chaste Transmutation is the Foundation (Yesod) Stone of entering the Path of Illumination.

The Rock, Peter, the Cornerstone, Philosopher's Stone, etc. that Yeshua Christ said that His Church is Built upon.

As you most likely already know, Yesod means Foundation in Hebrew, and Yesod is the lower Sexual Center of Adam-Kadmon.

The Higher Sexual Center of Adam-Kadmon being the throat, Da'ath, from which the Logos, the Word of Christ, is sounded.

In Masonry: The Lost Word

In Buddhism: Secret Mantra

And of course Daath is the Invisible (Wish-Fulfilling) Jewel (Sephirah).
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

ronnewmexico wrote:REally not to much to worry about with dead bodies excepting perhaps some contagious diseases, and after a few days no problem with that as well.
Occasionally they explode due to built up gases within, but other than that not much worry there.
The odor however is otherworldly, for most a week or so at or above room temperature.
Sounds like you've actually been to cremation grounds.

In India?
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

You are just making things much more complicated than they should be by frittering away your precious life trying to make connections where none exist and not just looking at the simple truths of the matter.

Buddhism is not occultism, masonic practices, abrahamic gnosticism or mysticism, pre-christian european esotericism, mayan astrology, shamanism, vedic tantrism, etc...

Of course there is truth to be found in these systems too, but it is not what Buddhism is. Though, on the surface, the practices seem to be identical, you find (through discussion with people that have a deeper understanding) that they are contradictory at many levels.

Okay, for example, all of these traditions have sexual practices. What do you expect? All of them were formulated by human beings and human beings are sexual beings. That does not mean that the methodology of the sexual practices is the same or have that they have either the same aim or outcome. Since they are often contradictory in goal and conclusion, at some point in time you just have to pick a single system (since most of the traditional systems are "complete") and run with it. You can't spend your whole life picking and choosing bits and pieces that don't quite fit together.

You see the work has been done over thousands of years by serious practitioners, they weren't waiting for scattered brain new age practitioners to break up the already completed jigsaw puzzle, mix in pieces of other puzzles and then try to put it back together again. This shows a dsitinct lack of respect for those that came before us.

You want to waste your time and confuse yourself during the process, go for it! But ask yourself (and answer honestly): Why am I doing this?
:namaste:
"My religion is not deceiving myself."
Jetsun Milarepa 1052-1135 CE

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
The Supreme Source - The Kunjed Gyalpo
The Fundamental Tantra of Dzogchen Semde
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

You make some good points Gregkavarnos.

Nothing scattered-brained about it though, as everything I've mentioned here is completely coherent.

And how is it disrespectful?

The "new age" straw-man is getting old.... :zzz:

Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Lhug-Pa wrote:Nothing scattered-brained about it though, as everything I've mentioned here is completely coherent.
Everything is completely coherent, within its own framework, quite clearly (in this discussion) it is not coherent when you try to put it all together. This is due to the fact the the original premises are not identical (and sometimes contradictory).
And how is it disrespectful?
Because it is like saying to all the existing lineages that they are somehow not complete and that they need you to come along and fill in their gaps for them.
The "new age" straw-man is getting old.... :zzz:
Unfortunately, for you, it's not a straw man.
The New Age movement is a Western spiritual movement that developed in the second half of the 20th century. Its central precepts have been described as "drawing on both Eastern and Western spiritual and metaphysical traditions and then infusing them with influences from self-help and motivational psychology, holistic health, parapsychology, consciousness research and quantum physics". It aims to create "a spirituality without borders or confining dogmas" that is inclusive and pluralistic. Another of its primary traits is holding to "a holistic worldview," thereby emphasising that the Mind, Body and Spirit are interrelated and that there is a form of Monism and unity throughout the universe. It further attempts to create "a worldview that includes both science and spirituality" and thereby embraces a number of forms of science and pseudoscience.

According to author Nevill Drury, the origins of the movement can be found in the 18th and 19th centuries, particularly through the works of the esotericists Emanuel Swedenborg, Franz Mesmer, Helena Blavatsky and George Gurdjieff, who laid some of the basic philosophical principles that would later influence the movement. It would gain further momentum in the 1960s, taking influence from metaphysics, self-help psychology, and the various Indian gurus who visited the West during that decade.

The New Age movement includes elements of older spiritual and religious traditions ranging from atheism and monotheism through classical pantheism, naturalistic pantheism, pandeism and panentheism to polytheism combined with science and Gaia philosophy; particularly archaeoastronomy, astronomy, ecology, environmentalism, the Gaia hypothesis, psychology, and physics. New Age practices and philosophies sometimes draw inspiration from major world religions: Buddhism, Taoism, Chinese folk religion, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam, Judaism, Sikhism; with strong influences from East Asian religions, Gnosticism, Neopaganism, New Thought, Spiritualism, Theosophy, Universalism, and Western esotericism. The term New Age refers to the coming astrological Age of Aquarius.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Age" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This is exactly what you are doing.

"Butchers, prostitutes, those guilty of the five most heinous crimes, outcasts, the underprivileged: all are utterly the substance of existence and nothing other than total bliss."
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Well I partially agree and partially disagree.

It is a straw-man when people try to seemingly imply that actual New Age is at all like what's commonly referred to as "new age", the latter bringing up images of ouija boards, crystals, channeling seances, and Deepak Chopra books. So by saying "new age" as a pejorative, implies these latter things as opposed to say Blavatsky and Gurdjieff.

Anyway, what alwayson and I were discussing here was getting interesting. In fact let's connect this thread with the following thread about Ojas:

http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.ph ... 687#p62333" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And see if what Guru Rinpoche taught regarding Karmamudra agrees with what Samael Aun Weor and the Dalai Lama teach about Karmamudra. :idea:

Finding the answer to this question could very well determine where one ends up for the next thousand years, or even for the next Manvantara or so.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Lhug-Pa wrote:It is a straw-man when people try to seemingly imply that actual New Age is at all like what's commonly referred to as "new age", the latter bringing up images of ouija boards, crystals, channeling seances, and Deepak Chopra books. So by saying "new age" as a pejorative, implies these latter things as opposed to say Blavatsky and Gurdjieff.
You can't seperate the commercial aspect from the, theoretical, seriousness of the research performed by the Blavatsky and Gurdjieff. Unfortunately it's a natural development of their line of reasoning. It can be seen in Buddhism too, where serious teachers, trying to pander to western sensibilities, water down the teachings by making vague references to the validity of other traditions in order to make Buddhism more commerically viable or popular and acceptable.

Look at your signature for example. The Tarot started off as playing cards in the 15th Century, became a popular form of divination in the 18th Centruy and now in the 21st Century we are presented (by you) with an attempt to wed their meaning with Ancient Egyptian iconography and hieroglyphs (I have even seen hyper-kitsch Buddhist tarot). Like NO relation whatsoever! Like (I'm sorry but...) new age crap!!!

Chilli con carne with stir fried egg noodles.
Souvlaki with sweet and sour sauce.
Couscous with bacon, mustard, ketchup and fried onions.

Hard on the palate, harder on the stomach and a disaster on the porcelain throne!

catmoon
Former staff member

Post by catmoon »

gregkavarnos wrote: Chilli con carne with stir fried egg noodles.
Souvlaki with sweet and sour sauce.
Couscous with bacon, mustard, ketchup and fried onions.

Hard on the palate, harder on the stomach and a disaster on the porcelain throne!

Om nom nom nom ... not so bad really. Quite tasty actually. Was this supposed to be an example of some kind? Nom nom nom nom....berp... nom nom nom
Sergeant Schultz knew everything there was to know.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

Well let's agree to disagree then Gregkavarnos. :namaste:

For me to rebut your post would only turn this into a pissing contest at this point.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Lhug-Pa wrote:Well let's agree to disagree then Gregkavarnos. :namaste:

For me to rebut your post would only turn this into a pissing contest at this point.
I agree :namaste:
In another thread somebody else said: if it makes makes you a wiser and more compassionate person then go for it! (or words to that effect).

Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

That's good Greg, however not every teaching is necessarily capable of preventing rebirth in the lower realms; even if it makes us a little more compassionate and wiser. Which is why I don't follow so-called "new age" channeled teachings and whatnot.

Alwayson, right from the Ultimate perspective of the Natural State, nothing is "nasty".

Was just saying that whether or not we engage in what is conventionally considered as "nasty", would not necessarily effect our 'progress' in Dzogchen practice either way.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

Lhug-Pa wrote:That's good Greg, however not every teaching is necessarily capable of preventing rebirth in the lower realms; even if it makes us a little more compassionate and wiser. Which is why I don't follow so-called "new age" channeled teachings and whatnot.
So you don't believe in the accumulation of merit and wisdom then? So why all this research, study and comparison?

Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

No I do believe in the accumulation of Merit and Wisdom.

However, following some teachings could cause us to accumulate karma faster than we accumulate Merit & Wisdom.

Your question about research, study, and comparison is answered on the first page of this thread.

alwayson

Post by alwayson »

Lhug-Pa wrote:I do believe in the accumulation of Merit and Wisdom.
I don't.

Its not there in Dzogchen, which you also follow.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

It's not necessary for Dzogchen.

But it can only help.

Someone recently in another thread posted a great quote from Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche regarding this.
alwayson

Post by alwayson »

Lhug-Pa wrote:It's not necessary for Dzogchen.

But it can only help.

Someone recently in another thread posted a great quote from Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche regarding this.

That was a different thing, about doing various practices. Of course you can do those various practices.

But there is no accumulation of merit and wisdom in Dzogchen.

Or to be more technically accurate, they are already accumulated if I remember some stuff from years ago.
Lhug-Pa

Post by Lhug-Pa »

alwayson wrote:Of course you can do those various practices.
That's all I was saying, that they can only help, that is on the conventional or relative level; especially for those who for whatever reason need to train in things like Shamatha/Zhiné, Semdzins, and Rushen and such.
Grigoris
Former staff member

Post by Grigoris »

alwayson wrote:Or to be more technically accurate, they are already accumulated if I remember some stuff from years ago.
Could've fooled me!

Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

alwayson wrote: But there is no accumulation of merit and wisdom in Dzogchen.

Or to be more technically accurate, they are already accumulated if I remember some stuff from years ago.
Then explain this excerpt from an interview with Dzongsar Khyentse Rinpoche:
So Longchen Nyingthik is a foundation practice mainly for the Nyingma lineage. And especially for those who wish to practise Dzogchen, this is like the mind training or the foundation practice. But having said that, it's not as though, once you've finished certain numbers that you're supposed to do, you've finished your foundation practice. You'll finish your foundation when your mind is trained, when your mind is flexible! I have seen great lamas like His Holiness Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche, even just before he passed away, doing foundation practice many times. So it's not as if you do it for a few years and then forget it and go on to a higher or bigger grade of practice. It's not like that at all. I mean, guru yoga in particular is something that you continue from now until enlightenment.
Dilgo Khyentse RInpoche was one of the great Dzogchen masters of our time, the Dzogchen master of HH the Dalai Lama, and yet he continued to do Ngondro-- accumulating merit and wisdom-- until the end of his life.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha

Return to “Lounge”