Willam Cassidy, Charges Dismissed

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Kunzang

Re: Willam Cassidy, Charges Dismissed

Post by Kunzang »

Cassidy stayed at Jetsunma's compound in Sedona for a few months and when he left, one of the nuns left with him. That nun was the one paying for the internet service for Cassidy and was living with him (this information was in the original FBI affadavit).

The twitter account with the 8000 tweets (the reason he was arrested) is still online: http://twitter.com/vajragurl" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's my opinion that the vajragurl account was solely maintained by the ex-nun. So essentially, Cassidy went to jail for ten months because an disgruntled ex-nun with a huge grudge against her former teacher wrote nasty tweets from his computer.

Additionally, the FBI raided a completely innocent person's (Andrew Wilson) house in Oregon, because of Jetsunma's paranoid delusions. Here's his accounts of his ordeal: http://www.diamondsutrazen.blogspot.com ... ulkus.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

And also his dealing with online harassment from Jetsunma's cult: http://www.diamondsutrazen.blogspot.com ... hists.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Critics slap labels on you and then expect you to talk inside their terms. - Doris Lessing
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

Kunzang, that last link if it's 100% accurate paints a deeply troubling portrait of AZ and co. , one of questionable psychiatric and institutional health.

I know the Tibetan method is often to publicly ignore gross misconduct by institutional heads and teachers, and deal with it internally... I hope if these accounts are true that at least this is being done... it saddens me how this will reflect upon a pure lineage of Padmasambhava. If anyone here belongs to the Palyul Mandala, I urge you to speak to your senior teachers about concern for AZ & her followers... this has clearly become a public matter . . . once twitter, the FBI, blogs and the NYtimes are involved, it is quite hard to sweep things under the rug and pretend all is well. No matter how great of a cash cow this organization may be for Palyul, it can't be worth this degree of negative PR. Of course, concerns about PR are not really something incorporated into traditional Tibetan institutional methodologies, being more of a modern thing. But if there is a concern to magnetize suffering sentient beings to the Dharma, as well as fundraise to support huge monastic institutions in India, there should be some efforts towards this.
Contentment is the ultimate wealth;
Detachment is the final happiness. ~Sri Saraha
Jinzang

Post by Jinzang »

Here's a good legal analysis of the judge's ruling in this case The Tulku, Tweets, Blogging and Stalking.
This post examines an opinion from a Maryland U.S. District Court judge that has gotten quite a bit of publicity since it was issued on December 15. The New York Times, for example, called it a “case with potentially far-reaching consequences for freedom of expression on the Internet”.
"It's as plain as the nose on your face!" Dottie Primrose
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Ron the tirades were mutual. Here are some from one of AZ's students pretending to be Cassidy's deceased mother. (Classy!)
https://twitter.com/haunted_spirit" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Haunted_Spirit Mary P Grace
@Akebonojishi Wen youse in prison, did they make U do bad stuff? That why Yu a holy man now, tryin to make up fer it? Yo mama sorry.
28 Jul 10
Mary P Grace
@Akebonojishi Worried bout u day n nite after yu went to jail. They do sich bad ass stuff in prison, I thot yud never make it. Guess ya did.
28 Jul 10
Mary P Grace
@Akebonojishi That one nite yu got so hoppin mad and beat me, thot I wud die. i saw stars n everything. Is that like enlighten?
@Akebonojishi When youse little, yu liked to put on my stockings n, yu kno, the other stuff. N yu always took a purse to school.Yu my cutie
28 Jul 10
@Akebonojishi Hay, wher'd yor gurl go? Awww. R yu that gurl? Shoot. I always thot Yu liked it both ways, yu kno, with dresses n stuff
@Akebonojishi Member how we used to take naps together, and it was so nice to be like that, you was little so it didnt hurt none
26 Jul 10
Mary P Grace
@Akebonojishi Willie son, is Zen kinda dirty, like frak and stuff? That why yu like it? I think I cud learn it cuz you n me, we like that
26 Jul 10
Mary P Grace
@Akebonojishi Sumtimes Im thinkin you went to the dark side; you always wanted to kno bout stuff like spells n hurtin people, an voodoo crap ( This is odd considering how AZ made a voodoo doll of Michael
@ahkonlhamo I am a piece of @vajragurl @Akebonojishi@tenparinpoche and I know things
25 Jul 10
Mary P Grace
@vajragurl@Akebonojishi Yur lonely, Im lonely we shud git together but in a clean way, sonny. Not like before; gotta forgit that.
@vajragurl@Akebonojishi Member when they used ta call you "wee willie winkie"? Made you cry but heck, it was true
@Akebonojishi Billliie-e-e-e I'm feelin bad. I think I did ya wrong. But why didya have to go an kill me? I'm so hurtin and its cause of you
24 Jul 10

After bear baiting him they didn't go directly to the police or FBI. They had former prosecutors at a Washington law firm trump up charges(http://dcwhitecollar.com/about-wgw" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;). Since he had done nothing illegal they had to invent a new charge to get their revenge. I wonder how much that cost. Most of the tweets against him are deleted now. This was a minor account that someone forgot to erase and it has 485 tweets against Cassidy. Want to change your tune about who the psycho is?
Kunzang

Post by Kunzang »

Adamantine wrote:Kunzang, that last link if it's 100% accurate paints a deeply troubling portrait of AZ and co. , one of questionable psychiatric and institutional health.
I had an account on twitter at the time and followed a lot of this drama, and I'd say it's accurate.

Sadly, they don't just behave this way towards people they mistakenly think are sockpuppets of William Cassidy.

Bill Schwartz, known on twitter as "ryderjaphy" had trouble too. He wrote a little about it in an article for Elephant Journal: http://www.elephantjournal.com/2010/02/ ... -schwartz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I remember reading their tweets making fun of his congestive heart failure and being completely dumbfounded. What kind of a person does that?
Critics slap labels on you and then expect you to talk inside their terms. - Doris Lessing
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

So sad. Degenerate age indeed.
Nemo

Post by Nemo »

Cassidy is finally out of jail. Just posted to the DTBA.

I don't like how this has been framed. Around the time AZ sought legal counsel Cassidy had outed some documents that revealed that properties held in trust for Penor Rinpoche were actually owned by Sangha members and may have been used as collateral for loans to finance AZ's lifestyle. Cassidy is more whistle blower than cyber stalker. He paid dearly for confronting her. It seems that her greatest weakness is not the younger and younger boyfriends or stories about how the Sangha practiced voodoo to attempt to kill her ex-husband,the rumours of drug use or even the constant abuse of her Sangha. It is her finances. Since it is a charity can't someone use an access to information request to get to what she was willing to go to such extreme measures to cover up?
gad rgyangs

Post by gad rgyangs »

Nemo wrote:Cassidy is finally out of jail. Just posted to the DTBA.
back on FB too!
Thoroughly tame your own mind.
This is (possibly) the teaching of Buddha.

"I must finally conclude that this proposition, I am, I exist, is necessarily true whenever it is put forward by me or conceived in my mind."
- Descartes, 2nd Meditation 25
Adamantine
Former staff member

Post by Adamantine »

gad rgyangs wrote:
back on FB too!
what is the FB name?
gad rgyangs

Post by gad rgyangs »

Adamantine wrote:
gad rgyangs wrote:
back on FB too!
what is the FB name?
urgyan tenpa rinpoche
Thoroughly tame your own mind.
This is (possibly) the teaching of Buddha.

"I must finally conclude that this proposition, I am, I exist, is necessarily true whenever it is put forward by me or conceived in my mind."
- Descartes, 2nd Meditation 25

Return to “Lounge”