WTF is SOPA? The U.S. Government trying to ruin the Internet

Casual conversation between friends. Anything goes (almost).
Mr. G

WTF is SOPA? The U.S. Government trying to ruin the Internet

Post by Mr. G »

phpBB [video]

http://tinyurl.com/techdirtsopa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://reddit.com/r/sopa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.americancensorship.org" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://tinyurl.com/universalcensors" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://tinyurl.com/writetocongress" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.avaaz.org/en/save_the_internet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2011/1 ... e-delayed/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2011/12/f ... list-bills" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
  • How foolish you are,
    grasping the letter of the text and ignoring its intention!
    - Vasubandhu
ronnewmexico

Re: WTF is SOPA? The U.S. Government trying to ruin the Internet

Post by ronnewmexico »

Wikipedia within this past year was repeated hacked to prevent its operation by undoubtably government sources.

The US government will soon have a bill(concurrent with a defense authorization bill) signed into law by Pres Obama authorizing anyone to be held in indefinate detention in military prison when determined by some nebulous process that that person is a terrorist.
The military doing the determination.

So any pretense of freedom is quite gone now.
Internet eventually only corporations will use this thing and only to buy and sell things or entertainment centered upon the same...to be allowed.
A bit of time yet, for that to occur, and the mechanisms that will make this happen(mainly speed designation as per content) will be not obvious.

Alternative news source will be edged out or bought out. Not overtly censored but those remaining to slow to be of use, or to obscure, for the average person.

Out of the CIA playlist this way of manageing information. CIA operatives now allowed to work overtly for corporations in the US(as side jobs)...the line between corporate interest and government interest completly eroded.
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

there may come a time where you will need government permission to use internet, a web ID is in the near future i think. all in the name of cyber security of course. like the stuxnet backdoor hack, that type of false flag event to bring in a new cyber security.

something to consider perhaps?

stuxnet.

https://secure.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/wiki/Stuxnet" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

openID

http://www.webpronews.com/googles-open- ... an-2011-01" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Last edited by Heruka on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Hey Heruka!

I see it differently. As information is managed by spooks typically there is produced a glut of infomation to dilute the real story so much it is undecipherable.

So as this is how they operate with information...I see a several tiered information system. The first best being corporately sponsored sites and places of information sharing. SEcond and on down to the lowest.,
The lowest free and accessible as now to all...abeit it will be so slow and with so much content it becomes virtually unuseable to convey complex things or thngs of perceived value.

CB radio evolved into that in the americas. A particular thing of very short popular duration..it became very shortly filled with peoples just talking about inane things....unuseable for communication. As per example..it will become like that. Berift with virus scams craziness to make it inert.
The lowest free tier...the rest willl be as it still is a bit. Money equating to access speed and filter.

Overt things are very hard to manage...as I mentioned with the first post I made on this thread...it took ten years to manage that.,no due process.
So why overt if covert management is possible?
"This order considers that progress can be achieved more rapidly during a single month of self-transformation through terrifying conditions in rough terrain and in "the abode of harmful forces" than through meditating for a period of three years in towns and monasteries"....Takpo Tashi Namgyal.
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

ronnewmexico wrote:Hey Heruka!

I see it differently. As information is managed by spooks typically there is produced a glut of infomation to dilute the real story so much it is undecipherable.

So as this is how they operate with information...I see a several tiered information system. The first best being corporately sponsored sites and places of information sharing. SEcond and on down to the lowest.,
The lowest free and accessible as now to all...abeit it will be so slow and with so much content it becomes virtually unuseable to convey complex things or thngs of perceived value.

CB radio evolved into that in the americas. A particular thing of very short popular duration..it became very shortly filled with peoples just talking about inane things....unuseable for communication. As per example..it will become like that. Berift with virus scams craziness to make it inert.
The lowest free tier...the rest willl be as it still is a bit. Money equating to access speed and filter.
Tashi delek Ron,

well an internet 2 already exists, so two track internet is already running, it just depends when they close down the old system or make it so virus filled that people switch to the improved internet 2, the catch being it will have maybe only a 1000 government/industry approved sites on it. I dont know really,

but just maybe.

just more centralization.

http://www.internet2.edu/network/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Yes...I think that is it. It may even involve actual virus or other spreading if that considered to be necessary to increase revenue for the not free sites.
So the only internet availble of any use will be one that is paid for.
With paying is of course information gathering and sharing for corporate and then since corporation is the government.....as one.

That is exactly it to my opinion...already perhaps a bit in the mix but not overtly. And when found out...only to make a profit is called that thing...and that be true.

Oh my..the future is upon us seemingly :smile:
Heruka

Post by Heruka »

Hi Ron, i use startpage as my search engine.

take a look if your interested.

https://startpage.com/eng/protect-privacy.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ronnewmexico

Post by ronnewmexico »

Thanks H

I have for quite some time now deleted all files manually after internet useage and do about daily go and clean it up.
So it is quite tedius.
The only worry I have is if such sites are just selling registrations or have means of tracking that are just more covert. Selling then that to a highest bidder.
Not that many years ago finding a antivirus site subscription....... selling other services. Infecting a computer(once subscribed) with a sort of virus so a computer would then need their additional services.....it is so so corrupt this thing and culture.
A publically traded company, abeit now a penny stock and the subject of many lawsuits.
None related to that one issue though.... none caught them at that, though I am certain that was what they did, they did many other things to nefarious purpose as well.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

• How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

• How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
rose
Site Admin

Post by rose »

A "Thank you" from wiki

• The Wikipedia blackout is over — and you have spoken.
    More than 162 million people saw our message asking if you could imagine a world without free knowledge. You said no. You shut down Congress’s switchboards. You melted their servers. From all around the world your messages dominated social media and the news. Millions of people have spoken in defense of a free and open Internet. ...
More here

Regards,
Huseng
Former staff member

Post by Huseng »

Heruka wrote:there may come a time where you will need government permission to use internet, a web ID is in the near future i think. all in the name of cyber security of course. like the stuxnet backdoor hack, that type of false flag event to bring in a new cyber security.
This will probably come sooner or later, or governments will attempt to introduce it.

In places like India and China they photocopy your ID (or passport if you're a foreigner) when using an internet cafe.

There are people pushing for internet censorship in India. They want something like the Chinese firewall in place.

The next step is just having a user license of some kind as a required ID when going online.

Things are getting worse and worse...
plwk

Post by plwk »

That's it catmoon...the impending end of LOLCAT :shock: :rolleye:

I don't tink so. Lolcats are typically user-generated on sites like cheezeburger who are more than happy to have millions of links to their site, each image bearing their logo. Worst case, we just set up a no copyright lolcat site and generate unencumbered content.

Besides, Congress works under the all-seeing eye of Ceiling Cat and He see what they're doing dere.
Thug4lyfe

Post by Thug4lyfe »

What illegal things are you planning to do on da net? :shock:

I wouldn't be sad to see 4chan getting pwnt.
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

• How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu
Thug4lyfe

Post by Thug4lyfe »

lol, mean comic!

Flame warz rulz until it gets personal! Just like when I get mad at homies on here for dissin China!
Mr. G

Post by Mr. G »

• How foolish you are,
    - Vasubandhu

Return to “Lounge”