Buddhist China vision

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Earth Dragon

Buddhist China vision

Post by Earth Dragon »

In my opinion , China is ripe to engage with Buddhism. As a matter of fact, they are already the biggest Buddhist donors, but much of their Buddhism is very political and in opposition with Dalai.

But china has all the preconditions to become a major  Buddhist state.
They can t stop people to be religious as they are open to international trade and Tianmen square would not work anymore. The motivation for them to support Buddhism is to avoid the rapid growth if christianity and islam in china, which are considered alien cultures and too mixed with origin countries.

Surely china has enough funds to make buddhism big again ....

Chinese have had a religious vacuum for decades but in recent decade, people have become more and more interested  in Buddhism ( a fact that i have personally witnessed ).

Chinese buddhism is very rich, if we consider Tibetan buddhism as part if chinese buddhism.

And lets face it, it is ridiculous to even think that china is ever going to give tibet back. And they are a leading superpower, so what is the point of protesting and yelling - " free tibet ". 
Does not buddhism teach us not to engage with illusions? 

So the main point of this long story is- in my opinion, experience and analysis, China has the strongest potential to become a major state donor for Buddhism, which allows to realize new and innovative changes in Buddhism, resulting the popularization and general understanding and practice of Buddhism.
rose
Site Admin

Re: Buddhist China vision

Post by rose »

The above has already been included in this post http://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f= ... 56#p149688

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”