Kshitigarbha Sutra - Chinese phonetics

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Kunzang8

Kshitigarbha Sutra - Chinese phonetics

Post by Kunzang8 »

Hi

I'm looking for a copy of the Sutra of the Past Vows of Kshitigarbha Bodhisattva - Chinese version with phonetics for reciting by someone who can't read Chinese. If there is an ebook version or hardcopy, would appreciate it. Thank you.
yan kong

Re: Kshitigarbha Sutra - Chinese phonetics

Post by yan kong »

If there is a Chinese temple near you, I'd try there.
"Meditation is a spiritual exercise, not a therapeutic regime... Our intention is to enter Nirvana, not to make life in Samsara more tolerable." Chan Master Hsu Yun
plwk

Post by plwk »

Sutra text with Chinese hanyu pinyin: here

Addendum:
Audio recitation: 1 2 3
Your friend can use this as an accompanying chant/recitation guide. I chose this recording because of its clear, stable and melodic method of chanting and pronounciation. It's done by the monastics of Fo Guang Shan.You can find the pinyin for the Incense Praise & Three Refuges as sung here on pages 3 & 81. No text available for the Transference of Merits.
Sutrendraraja

Post by Sutrendraraja »

I like this sutra very much, You know, there''s chapter taught the Names of Tathagatas, such as Prabhutaratna Tathagata praise reciting it for rebirth in heaven and also Anantakayah Tathagata praise reciting it for eliminate all evil karma, and then the Mahabijnagiriraja Tathagata for peaise reciting the reciter name will be listed as the next Tathagata.

I've once saved by this cover of sutra when my body somehow taken by evil spirit. And the sutra book covered by the image of Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Mahasattva bring me back.

Anyway, it does really endow mass of ,merit
Kunzang8

Post by Kunzang8 »

plwk wrote:Sutra text with Chinese hanyu pinyin: here

Addendum:
Audio recitation: 1 2 3
Your friend can use this as an accompanying chant/recitation guide. I chose this recording because of its clear, stable and melodic method of chanting and pronounciation. It's done by the monastics of Fo Guang Shan.You can find the pinyin for the Incense Praise & Three Refuges as sung here on pages 3 & 81. No text available for the Transference of Merits.
Thank you!
Kunzang8

Post by Kunzang8 »

Sutrendraraja wrote:I like this sutra very much, You know, there''s chapter taught the Names of Tathagatas, such as Prabhutaratna Tathagata praise reciting it for rebirth in heaven and also Anantakayah Tathagata praise reciting it for eliminate all evil karma, and then the Mahabijnagiriraja Tathagata for peaise reciting the reciter name will be listed as the next Tathagata.

I've once saved by this cover of sutra when my body somehow taken by evil spirit. And the sutra book covered by the image of Ksitigarbha Bodhisattva Mahasattva bring me back.

Anyway, it does really endow mass of ,merit
I've never seen a version of this Sutra with the Tathagatas names in Sanskrit before. Where can I get a copy of this?
plwk

Post by plwk »

I've never seen a version of this Sutra with the Tathagatas names in Sanskrit before. Where can I get a copy of this?
Main link here & Chapter 9 here
tktru

Post by tktru »

If you are looking for a hard copy of the Ksitigarbha Sutra with phonetics, the Buddhist Text Translation Society has a few copies in their inventory.

http://www.bttsonline.org/chinese-origi ... %E7%B6%93/

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”