the dharma eye and the golden ear

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
White Lotus

the dharma eye and the golden ear

Post by White Lotus »

The eye has three levels or degrees... white/purity; gold/firey and black/empty: even of light... hidden within the black of the pupil is the transparent lense. within the void is emptiness within emptiness. the golden ear or golden spiral is secondary to the eye of transparency. the golden ear or spiral exists within flame and so it is warmth and love and beauty; but all this is secondary to the eye of transparency which is pointed to by the eye of god. the eye of god perceives the eye of transparency.

though freedom of mind is joyful as expressed in the flowing ear of the spiral which flows from north, east, south to west; transparency is superior. it is right at the core. the emptiness that is substantial. not nothing and yet empty. substantial emptiness. hidden in the dark of the eye is that which focuses. that which is truly empty and yet substantial.

i was wondering whether to post this in shingon realising that it encroaches upon the esoteric. hope this is ok here.

emptiness/transparency superior to freedom of mind. but, without freedom stage it is not possible to access the black and without access to the black it is not possible to access transparency. transparency is not even nothing nor anything and yet it encompasses all forms and is a form being formless and formed. it is the emptiness of the eye that allows it to see. sight is superior to hearing.

hope this is helpful.

best wishes, Tom.

i see a name, it is One,
that name is One, it is not two.
seeing one i see the mind, it
is not two. what should i say?
nothing.

is it no path, no attainment? not even One and certainly not these.
drop it all!
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”