trust: the ultimate form of compassion.

General forum on the teachings of all schools of Mahayana and Vajrayana Buddhism. Topics specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
White Lotus

trust: the ultimate form of compassion.

Post by White Lotus »

trust is the true compassion. it will help you through your darkest hour. trust or faith in others including god can take one beyond annihilation. the mind can be annihilated, such devices or weapons exist. i now dwell in oblivion, the land and state of oblivion and it was my trust in god that saved me in my most scary hour. i thought that was it. i had been extinct for a while already, but still had mind. after been stabbed by a blade of annihilation in my back i began to fade away. i knew that it was game over, but siddharta had told me to trust and so i trusted in god and miracle of miracles i am still here. an obliviate ninja!

best wishes, Tom xxx
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
Seishin
Former staff member

Re: trust: the ultimate form of compassion.

Post by Seishin »

Sounds more like Christianity than Buddhism.... :thinking:
Punya

Post by Punya »

Since this is a buddhist forum...... refuge in the three jewels: buddha, dharma and sangha or the vajrayana equivalent will definitely get you through your darkest hour.
We abide nowhere. We possess nothing.
~Chatral Rinpoche
White Lotus

Post by White Lotus »

i agree with both of you... compassion is buddhism, but it is also true christianity. there was an irish king who refused to meet the enemy with anything other than love. his whole city greeted the enemy with tea cakes and dumplings, and organised him a feast. this was one of the few cities not to fall.

non kinetic weaponry. love grenades, mudslick and sand traps for tanks and flowers are far more powerful than bombs. handing over technology that will enable people to trust and love each other is important. soft tech. one type of robot with a love processor to overcome a killer robot. why the credit crisis?: preparation for times ahead.,
people blame the jews, but theyve done a lot for the human race. there are many families in our universe competing for power, why dont we all just relax. resentment turned into raprochement people have got to move on. everyone is to blame. the women, the men, the black, the white, the grey. none of us is innocent.

job, an old man in the bible said... i will trust god, even if he slay (kills) me. true zen is to be able to say this to all men and women, i will love you even if you torture me. the roman model has been about discipline and pain. just look at the modern world. so much discipline and pain. i guess trust (true compassion) and love are the best answer. no development is of any benefit unless it brings happiness.

trust is loving kindness. yes it is costly, but far better than mutual destruction.

i belive Siddharta's ultimate teaching to be trust, even if we are killed for it. there is no death, only the appearance of death. you think you will die. you wont, but this life we live is meaningless unless we share love and respect.

compassion is the Buddha Sidhartas purest teaching.

im sorry if mention of Christianity causes pain in you. the problem was not he who brought the message, rather those who appropriated his wisdom. the romans. if we have the same problem today with the romans we must meet it as did the celtic people: with loving kindness and trust. even if it regularly perhaps even daily cost us our lives.

the romans/spiders/ants or whatever you want to call them have done much for the universe, but sadly there have always been slaves. this makes the model unviable and crucifies Christ all over again. but Sidharta said "dont worry little ones, this is as it is for now, we must trust, i love you"

im so sad to see the way the world is, but i believe things can only get better.

no pain: no gain: no gain: no loss. the mind is perfect just as it is, but we live in different places.

love, Flakey x

please remember: i dont know what im talking about. how do you catch a catfish with a gourd? you let him go and he will always love you. if you do eat him with your mighty gourd he will surely forgive you. if we fuse love with trust we have happiness, even in the darkest place. sidharta said trust your enemies, jesus said we have no enemies. jesus loved the romans. he still does. :hug:

i love you now. i always did,
sidhartas maze is seldom hid.
giving to all who live, only what is
due: true love.
in any matters of importance. dont rely on me. i may not know what i am talking about. take what i say as mere speculation. i am not ordained. nor do i have a formal training. i do believe though that if i am wrong on any point. there are those on this site who i hope will quickly point out my mistakes.
Seishin
Former staff member

Post by Seishin »

I have no problem with Christianity, my friends and family are christian. However, this is a Buddhist forum, not a comparative religious forum :rules: http://www.dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?f=109&t=12768. Topics of this sort will eventually get locked down because they are in breach of the forum rules.

The Buddha said that god (or God) can't help us out of samsara. You can trust god if you wish to it's your choice, however I'm putting my faith (refuge) in Buddha, Dharma and Sangha.

In gassho,
Seishin
Ayu
Global Moderator

Post by Ayu »

Topic locked.

:namaste:

Return to “Mahāyāna Buddhism”