Suffering linked to specific Chakras

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Palzang Jangchub

Suffering linked to specific Chakras

Post by Palzang Jangchub »

After reading some medical studies recently, it has become evident that much of the suffering I've experienced in the last several years can be attributed to symptoms of a certain pituitary deficiency that, up until now, I had thought to be a thing of the past (or at least something which had already been treated to the fullest extent possible). And after some research into how this medical issue relates to Vajrayana, it seems that the pituitary gland is associated with the "third eye" chakra.

Admittedly, I'm not currently focusing on the Completion Stage practices, but wish to deal with the issues presenting themselves. I was wondering if there are any particularly good resources available to those of us not so well-versed on the subject of subtle body but wishing to work with it, and if there are certain practices one can do to work with or "fix" specific chakras --- for lack of a better term.

There is tons of info readily available online, but the vast majority of it seems to come from New Age sources (if, indeed, any sources are given). Even several supposedly Buddhist sites seem to parrot the same New Age hokum, or rely heavily on Hindu systems. I'm looking for authentic and practical Vajrayana information --- and without having to wait until years down the road in my practice --- if at all possible.

I'll be contacting my lamas about this, to be sure, but would like to get a jump on things and figured asking around here couldn't hurt. Please help!

"The Sutras, Tantras, and Philosophical Scriptures are great in number. However life is short, and intelligence is limited, so it's hard to cover them completely. You may know a lot, but if you don't put it into practice, it's like dying of thirst on the shore of a great lake. Likewise, a common corpse is found in the bed of a great scholar." ~ Karma Chagme

དྲིན་ཆེན་རྩ་བའི་བླ་མ་སྐྱབས་རྗེ་མགར་ཆེན་ཁྲི་སྤྲུལ་རིན་པོ་ཆེ་ཁྱེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ།།
རྗེ་བཙུན་བླ་མ་མཁས་གྲུབ་ཀརྨ་ཆགས་མེད་མཁྱེན་ནོ། ཀརྨ་པ་མཁྱེན་ནོཿ
Motova

Re: Suffering linked to specific Chakras

Post by Motova »

I thought mantras generally cleared obstructions in the subtle body. Maybe you can try White Tara's mantra, or the Mani mantra?

Only guesses, no sources.

:namaste:
To become a rain man one must master the ten virtues and sciences.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”