Q re Mind Transmission of Nyingma Kama

Forum for discussion of Tibetan Buddhism. Questions specific to one school are best posted in the appropriate sub-forum.
Urgyen Dorje

Q re Mind Transmission of Nyingma Kama

Post by Urgyen Dorje »

So, I'm reading about the mind transmission of the Nyingma Kama, and the text is discussing the three manifestations of the mind transmission of the Buddhas. Regarding the "manifestation appearing in the matter of speech emanations", the text describes a syllable AH manifesting. I'm trying to get my mind around whether the intention of the text is that a sound appears or an actual symbolic syllable, and if later, why this isn't a symbolic transmission as opposed to a mind transmission?
Malcolm

Re: Q re Mind Transmission of Nyingma Kama

Post by Malcolm »

Urgyen Dorje wrote:So, I'm reading about the mind transmission of the Nyingma Kama, and the text is discussing the three manifestations of the mind transmission of the Buddhas. Regarding the "manifestation appearing in the matter of speech emanations", the text describes a syllable AH manifesting. I'm trying to get my mind around whether the intention of the text is that a sound appears or an actual symbolic syllable, and if later, why this isn't a symbolic transmission as opposed to a mind transmission?
What book are you reading.
Urgyen Dorje

Post by Urgyen Dorje »

Treasury of Precious Qualities v2 appendix 1
Malcolm wrote:
Urgyen Dorje wrote:So, I'm reading about the mind transmission of the Nyingma Kama, and the text is discussing the three manifestations of the mind transmission of the Buddhas. Regarding the "manifestation appearing in the matter of speech emanations", the text describes a syllable AH manifesting. I'm trying to get my mind around whether the intention of the text is that a sound appears or an actual symbolic syllable, and if later, why this isn't a symbolic transmission as opposed to a mind transmission?
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Urgyen Dorje wrote:Treasury of Precious Qualities v2 appendix 1
Malcolm wrote:

Oh, I see the problem you are having — this should understood in terms of sound, lights and rays. The speech manifestation is sound manifesting as rays.
Urgyen Dorje

Post by Urgyen Dorje »

That's sort of what I figured. Thanks.
Malcolm wrote:Oh, I see the problem you are having — this should understood in terms of sound, lights and rays. The speech manifestation is sound manifesting as rays.
Malcolm

Post by Malcolm »

Urgyen Dorje wrote:That's sort of what I figured. Thanks.
Malcolm wrote:Oh, I see the problem you are having — this should understood in terms of sound, lights and rays. The speech manifestation is sound manifesting as rays.

The principle of sound, light and rays is more clearly explained in Bon Dzogchen like ZZNG, it but it is an important principle in all Dzogchen teachings.

Return to “Tibetan Buddhism”